Charging shell not working

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If I do end up getting a 925 myself at some point, I would totally get the red. That's the only one I've thought of at all (would also go well with my red charging plate). Heehee...

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I got mine from eBay, shipped from the UK. It works fine and looks amazing. I got the white since the phone is white but the case covers everything with color so I think I'll be getting a black from T-Mobile so they can see there's some demand for these. I don't think I've ever had a more awesome phone. I just wish it had 32 GB :-/

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I got mine from eBay, shipped from the UK. It works fine and looks amazing. I got the white since the phone is white but the case covers everything with color so I think I'll be getting a black from T-Mobile so they can see there's some demand for these. I don't think I've ever had a more awesome phone. I just wish it had 32 GB :-/
Which seller did you order from? I'm still waiting for mine from the UK. Bit over a week now.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to soon...I got my black charging case from turbomaxx today about 7 business days after placing my order. It's a pretty good case compared to the cheap Fosom rubberized shell I was using in the meantime. I miss some of the side protection but it's a lot easier to press the buttons now. Not sure if the wireless charging works yet since my plate is still being shipped.

Vellamoose

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I just received my Yellow charging shell for my L925 and for some reason it is not working. I am using the JBL power up speaker that I used on my L920 but for some reason its a no go on my 925.

Any thoughts or suggestions or do I have a defective shell or phone?
Hi robert, I hv a 925 almost 2 weeks old & have the same exact problem as you.
Have replaced the back charging shell but prob still persists.
Have 2 other set of 920 at home & they charge well on the QI plates but the 925 just is intermittent or totally does not charge.
Have spoken to nokia & they suggest I bring my QI charging plate & phone down for them to investigate further.
Since my 2 920 still charges with no probs, it shows the QI charger is not faulty.
Since I have changed another back charging plate of the 925 & the same prob persists, it's confirms that the back charging plate is not faulty.
The last item that has not been changed, is the phone.
Will be sending it & the QI charger in very soon to let them investigate.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Got my yellow charging shell today, and it appears to be faulty. The plate's light turns on, but the phone does not charge. My black plate works, though. Guess the yellow is going back to Amazon.

Edit: played with the shell a bit, bending it a little and pressing down on the phone while sitting on the charging plate. The shell works but the pins weren't making good contact. After a few more stretches it seems to be working now. Yay!

Last edited:

RL76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i have the yellow 1 and it worked on the 1st day. it charges if i unsnap the top left corner. weird...

cdodgela

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems there is a fit issue with the plates and 1020's. I opened my charging holes slightly on my 1020, (yes I agree, we shouldn't have to modify / drill / alter the phone for it to work like it is supposed to) and it charges perfectly. I tried just about everything I could to get it to work as is. I have two charging covers and both did the same thing so in my experience, it was the phone that didn't line up quite right.
Here is another thread about it: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-nokia-charging-cover-issues.html#post2073204

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster