Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree2Likes
  1. robert_in_la's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just received my Yellow charging shell for my L925 and for some reason it is not working. I am using the JBL power up speaker that I used on my L920 but for some reason its a no go on my 925.

    Any thoughts or suggestions or do I have a defective shell or phone?
  2. robert_in_la's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
       #2  
    Ok... totally strange. Seems to be working now but it wont work if I have the WiFi turned on.
  3. deloa84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #3  
    That's strange to say the least. Is your NFC on or off. My Nokia 810 with both my cyan/red wireless charging shells work fine even with Wifi on. I am using the Nokia DT900 charging place though.

    BTW, somewhat off topic, but what is your impression of the JBL power up speaker? Its in my "to get" list.
  4. robert_in_la's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by deloa84 View Post
    That's strange to say the least. Is your NFC on or off. My Nokia 810 with both my cyan/red wireless charging shells work fine even with Wifi on. I am using the Nokia DT900 charging place though.

    BTW, somewhat off topic, but what is your impression of the JBL power up speaker? Its in my "to get" list.
    My NFC is off. That's how I use to have it with my L920. I could have the WiFi on streaming Nokia music to the speaker while charging, now. Nada... and funny enough it only works every so often. I have to lift it up and place it back down several times before it starts to charge.

    The speaker is awesome. Love the sound, etc... I've had it since November and I use my laptop, streaming iTune and radios channels to it and it sounds great. Also I head the price dropped on them. I bought it back when it first came out for $250... I was told you can now pick up a brand new one for $150
  5. deloa84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robert_in_la View Post
    My NFC is off. That's how I use to have it with my L920. I could have the WiFi on streaming Nokia music to the speaker while charging, now. Nada... and funny enough it only works every so often. I have to lift it up and place it back down several times before it starts to charge.

    The speaker is awesome. Love the sound, etc... I've had it since November and I use my laptop, streaming iTune and radios channels to it and it sounds great. Also I head the price dropped on them. I bought it back when it first came out for $250... I was told you can now pick up a brand new one for $150
    I have no clue. Have you tried laying it down with the WiFi off and while its charging, turning it on? I'm wondering if it could be the shell that's defective...

    Well I will definitely be picking a JBL power up then. I believe its AT&T's website that has it for $149.99.
  6. robert_in_la's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by deloa84 View Post
    I have no clue. Have you tried laying it down with the WiFi off and while its charging, turning it on? I'm wondering if it could be the shell that's defective...

    Well I will definitely be picking a JBL power up then. I believe its AT&T's website that has it for $149.99.
    OK, totally strange but now its working totally fine. Guess it needed to wake up and start doing its job. You're going to love the speaker. One thing though... when wireless charging and playing music the speaker is designed to shut off if it senses that the phone is starting to overheat.

    I only had it do it once with my L920... and it never did it again.
  7. deloa84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #7  
    Sweet. Thanks Il be picking one up soon.
  8. Snowy Nokia's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    77 Posts
    #8  
    I've heard reports of the non USA shells have problems with the device
  9. jgbstetson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    412 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Nokia View Post
    I've heard reports of the non USA shells have problems with the device
    I saw that on an amazon review, but I ordered mine from the UK and it works just fine. All of the 925 charging shells carry the same part number.
  10. deloa84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Nokia View Post
    I've heard reports of the non USA shells have problems with the device
    TThat's definitely odd... I would assume they would all be the same because they all use the same standard for wireless charging, which is Qi.
  11. Musicman247's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #11  
    My shell seemed to not work the first time I tried it. After picking it up and putting it down a few times, though it worked. Haven't had a problem since.
    Thanked by:
  12. Snowy Nokia's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    77 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgbstetson View Post
    I saw that on an amazon review, but I ordered mine from the UK and it works just fine. All of the 925 charging shells carry the same part number.
    Thanks. Saw it also on amazon review. By the way t-mobile website are now selling the shells but in black and red and I'm looking for white so I guess I'm going to try my luck through Amazon.
  13. robert_in_la's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Nokia View Post
    I've heard reports of the non USA shells have problems with the device
    Actually there is no CE or USA shell. The item number is the same and so are the specs. Needless to say, mine is working totally fine. In fact my friend who bought a shell while visiting in Germany (has TMO here in the States) has zero problem, but then again she has the charging plate not the JBL Power Up like I do.
  14. robert_in_la's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Nokia View Post
    Thanks. Saw it also on amazon review. By the way t-mobile website are now selling the shells but in black and red and I'm looking for white so I guess I'm going to try my luck through Amazon.
    Actually Expansys is where I got mine and they have White in stock.

    Nokia Wireless Charging Shell for Lumia 925 (White, CC-3065) #02737J4 - Expansys USA
    Thanked by:
  15. robert_in_la's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by deloa84 View Post
    TThat's definitely odd... I would assume they would all be the same because they all use the same standard for wireless charging, which is Qi.
    You are correct in that they are all the same.
  16. robert_in_la's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
       #16  
    Here are some picks of the shell... wp_20130726_001.jpgwp_20130726_002.jpg
  17. #17  
    I bought a charging plate off eBay for $25 (free shipping). Seller says it's overstocked and is selling new ones for only $25...hopefully all works well when I get the charging shell (hopefully this week).
  18. micaels's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #18  
    Interesting, I have just ordered a charging shell for my Lumia. Hopefully it will work when it arrives later this week.
  19. jgbstetson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    412 Posts
    #19  
    DEAL ALERT: On T-mobile's website, use the coupon code SUMMER20ACC to get 20% off and free shipping. This brings the charging shell down to $32. Valid until the end of the month, so don't wait long.
    robert_in_la likes this.
  20. Musicman247's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #20  
    If they had yellow I would jump on it. Sadly I have the black already, and the red does not appeal to me.
  21. #21  
    If I do end up getting a 925 myself at some point, I would totally get the red. That's the only one I've thought of at all (would also go well with my red charging plate). Heehee...
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg
  22. PLGomez's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    169 Posts
    #22  
    I got mine from eBay, shipped from the UK. It works fine and looks amazing. I got the white since the phone is white but the case covers everything with color so I think I'll be getting a black from T-Mobile so they can see there's some demand for these. I don't think I've ever had a more awesome phone. I just wish it had 32 GB :-/
  23. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by PLGomez View Post
    I got mine from eBay, shipped from the UK. It works fine and looks amazing. I got the white since the phone is white but the case covers everything with color so I think I'll be getting a black from T-Mobile so they can see there's some demand for these. I don't think I've ever had a more awesome phone. I just wish it had 32 GB :-/
    Which seller did you order from? I'm still waiting for mine from the UK. Bit over a week now.
  24. PLGomez's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    169 Posts
    #24  
    The eBay seller's name is turbomaxx. Here is a link. It only took less than a week shipping with the free shipping for me,like 6 days, which I though was pretty fast.

    Genuine Nokia Lumia 925 Wireless Charging Shell Hard Case Cover White - CC-3065 | eBay
  25. #25  
    I spoke to soon...I got my black charging case from turbomaxx today about 7 business days after placing my order. It's a pretty good case compared to the cheap Fosom rubberized shell I was using in the meantime. I miss some of the side protection but it's a lot easier to press the buttons now. Not sure if the wireless charging works yet since my plate is still being shipped.
    PLGomez likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lumia 928 not getting the love?
    By thecaringkind in forum Nokia Lumia 928
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 09:14 AM
  2. Have paid version but features not yet available
    By Prayank Chandorkar in forum Windows Central for Windows Phone - App Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions