Charging shell not working

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just received my Yellow charging shell for my L925 and for some reason it is not working. I am using the JBL power up speaker that I used on my L920 but for some reason its a no go on my 925.

Any thoughts or suggestions or do I have a defective shell or phone?

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
That's strange to say the least. Is your NFC on or off. My Nokia 810 with both my cyan/red wireless charging shells work fine even with Wifi on. I am using the Nokia DT900 charging place though.

BTW, somewhat off topic, but what is your impression of the JBL power up speaker? Its in my "to get" list.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
That's strange to say the least. Is your NFC on or off. My Nokia 810 with both my cyan/red wireless charging shells work fine even with Wifi on. I am using the Nokia DT900 charging place though.

BTW, somewhat off topic, but what is your impression of the JBL power up speaker? Its in my "to get" list.
My NFC is off. That's how I use to have it with my L920. I could have the WiFi on streaming Nokia music to the speaker while charging, now. Nada... and funny enough it only works every so often. I have to lift it up and place it back down several times before it starts to charge.

The speaker is awesome. Love the sound, etc... I've had it since November and I use my laptop, streaming iTune and radios channels to it and it sounds great. Also I head the price dropped on them. I bought it back when it first came out for $250... I was told you can now pick up a brand new one for $150

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
My NFC is off. That's how I use to have it with my L920. I could have the WiFi on streaming Nokia music to the speaker while charging, now. Nada... and funny enough it only works every so often. I have to lift it up and place it back down several times before it starts to charge.

The speaker is awesome. Love the sound, etc... I've had it since November and I use my laptop, streaming iTune and radios channels to it and it sounds great. Also I head the price dropped on them. I bought it back when it first came out for $250... I was told you can now pick up a brand new one for $150

I have no clue. Have you tried laying it down with the WiFi off and while its charging, turning it on? I'm wondering if it could be the shell that's defective...

Well I will definitely be picking a JBL power up then. I believe its AT&T's website that has it for $149.99.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have no clue. Have you tried laying it down with the WiFi off and while its charging, turning it on? I'm wondering if it could be the shell that's defective...

Well I will definitely be picking a JBL power up then. I believe its AT&T's website that has it for $149.99.
OK, totally strange but now its working totally fine. Guess it needed to wake up and start doing its job. You're going to love the speaker. One thing though... when wireless charging and playing music the speaker is designed to shut off if it senses that the phone is starting to overheat.

I only had it do it once with my L920... and it never did it again.

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I saw that on an amazon review, but I ordered mine from the UK and it works just fine. All of the 925 charging shells carry the same part number.

Thanks. Saw it also on amazon review. By the way t-mobile website are now selling the shells but in black and red and I'm looking for white so I guess I'm going to try my luck through Amazon.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I've heard reports of the non USA shells have problems with the device
Actually there is no CE or USA shell. The item number is the same and so are the specs. Needless to say, mine is working totally fine. In fact my friend who bought a shell while visiting in Germany (has TMO here in the States) has zero problem, but then again she has the charging plate not the JBL Power Up like I do.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought a charging plate off eBay for $25 (free shipping). Seller says it's overstocked and is selling new ones for only $25...hopefully all works well when I get the charging shell (hopefully this week).

micaels

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I have just ordered a charging shell for my Lumia. Hopefully it will work when it arrives later this week.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
DEAL ALERT: On T-mobile's website, use the coupon code SUMMER20ACC to get 20% off and free shipping. This brings the charging shell down to $32. Valid until the end of the month, so don't wait long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte