Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guys does your lumia 925 experience flickering (looks like lines of discontinuity) while scrolling in many apps, specially when there is a lot of images... I had this problem in many apps like when scrolling in the news feed of the wpcentral app... also it happen in facebook app, even the native photo viewer when zooming image and scroll, and a lot other apps... does it related to the screen refresh rate being not good like what happen to the text which become blurry while scrolling... im asking because my country didn't have the 925 yet and can't check any other device....

You know I have the same problem. It only happens every once in a while so I don't see it as a big deal. But now I'm wondering whether it is a software glitch or screen glitch...

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I notice the flickering too. Especially when I'm going through the Instance app.
    I haven't really noticed any on my 925.

Just to explain more, what i mean by flickering is scrolling discontinuity which appear like the scrolling is not smooth. I dont talking about the screen flashing..

Quote Originally Posted by PLGomez View Post
    You know I have the same problem. It only happens every once in a while so I don't see it as a big deal. But now I'm wondering whether it is a software glitch or screen glitch...
    it "always" happen to me... Its very bad.. Also i have blurry text and images trail while scrolling... Annoying

Quote Originally Posted by air23cpt View Post
    I notice the flickering too. Especially when I'm going through the Instance app.
    what about wpcentral app news feed? It happen to me everywhere :s

Quote Originally Posted by colonelcasey322 View Post
    I haven't really noticed any on my 925.
    good for you 👍

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by husam2277 View Post
    what about wpcentral app news feed? It happen to me everywhere :s
    I haven't noticed it on the wpcentral app.

Quote Originally Posted by air23cpt View Post
    I haven't noticed it on the wpcentral app.
    I have numerous times on my 8x but not with any other app just WPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem97 View Post
    I have numerous times on my 8x but not with any other app just WPC.
    yes wpcentral app has some small scrolling being not smooth even the super smooth 920 but on my 925 its very bad and happen everywhere on many apps if not all...

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I don't have flickering. Only when I scroll, the view keeps reseting to the middle of the page. Happens pretty often.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    I don't have flickering. Only when I scroll, the view keeps reseting to the middle of the page. Happens pretty often.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Tapatalk
    what do you mean by "the view keeps reseting to the middle of the page"?

Guys, what do you think about what we are discussing here? This issue annoying me so much, does yours has this issue? Should i replace my phone? The replacement for me will take 2 months if not more :s

Guys try this:

1. Turn off "double tap the screen to wake up">>>
    2. Turn off the device.>>>
    3. Turn on the device.
    4. Test

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by muderko View Post
    Guys try this:

1. Turn off "double tap the screen to wake up">>>
    2. Turn off the device.>>>
    3. Turn on the device.
    4. Test

It does not solve anything, Do you have 925? any issues? i hate my mobile because of these issues... it looks like it happened when scrolling content that contains lots of images, the issue is major... people does not give many feedback about their 925...

I noticed this issue from day 1 on my 925. It is most prominent when I am in the multitasking view (holding back button). Scrolling side to side produces choppiness on the app tiles.

Quote Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
    I noticed this issue from day 1 on my 925. It is most prominent when I am in the multitasking view (holding back button). Scrolling side to side produces choppiness on the app tiles.
    Yes u r right.... what about other apps? for example wpcentral app?

Also noticed on my 925!! I checked my old 8X, there was also the discontinuity in scrolling, but a little less bothering.

Now that I have tested it... yes, horizontal scrolling is very, very bad, especially in the multitasking view :-(

We should ask Rich Edmonds, who has made the 925 review... Nokia Lumia 925 Review: The best Windows Phone available? | Windows Phone Central

Quote Originally Posted by husam2277 View Post
    It does not solve anything, Do you have 925? any issues? i hate my mobile because of these issues... it looks like it happened when scrolling content that contains lots of images, the issue is major... people does not give many feedback about their 925...
    No I dont have the 925, but some people were experiencing the same issue after updating to GDR2 and Amber. They kept digging until they found out that the "double tap to awake" feature for glance was the problem.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Yes, I notice that too if I do the scrolling slowly.... Looks like some kind of bad refresh rates. And the choppiness is happening on the top of each image snapshot, no any other places.

I did happened to me few times but it does it for about a second or two and really its pretty much unnoticeable but I literally was starring at the screen and waiting for it to happen 😁 is not something that bothers me anyway. I'm still loved up with my L925 😍

Currently facing the same strange "issue" with my brand new 925.
    Can't say if this hardware or software related ...
    That's a shame because coming from a Nexus 4 I really love this phone, its camera and the WP OS.
    Does anyone have a replaced unit and can confirm it did not (or did) solve the problem ? Thanks guys.

EDIT : ok, just read the bug/defects thread, so this is an amoled-related issue (for the blurry text) and maybe a software issue for this glitch/tearing as my screen is nearly perfect otherwise ... well I'll deal with it I guess, waiting for an hypothetical fix.
    Last edited by JasonValentine; 10-25-2013 at 06:46 AM.

I have the choppiness when scrolling horizontally in the multitasking view as well... but only sometimes. It seems intermittent. I have double tap to wake turned on and sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. There doesn't seem to by any rhyme or reason as to why it happens.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast