my experience with 925 so far

Eric Wu

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I got the phone last Saturday at T-Mobile with their zero down promotion. After couple hours of playing, I noticed the battery drains rather quickly and the phone gets really warm so I returned for a new one the next day. So with the new phone, it's been a whole week now. I love the phone, it's great, the camera is great, the screen is pretty. My issue with it is STILL the battery and the temperature. I can get thru 24 hours on one charge IF I only check email, answer phone call, texting, take couple pictures, light internet browsing and the phone don't get too warm, I can feel the temperature rising but not too bad. However, I used the nokia drive on a 30 mile trip to see a client and the battery went down at least 35% and the phone was HOT. Hot as in when I left the car and made a phone call, my ear was uncomfortable from touching the phone, I rather put it on speaker. I wander if the phone will overheat if I play a game or use the nokia drive extensively for couple hours.

This is the first dual-core phone for me so I am wandering if everyone else is experiencing the same thing.

I been a window phone guy since 2006 so I am excited that Nokia has stepped up the plate, love to give them the support, but this temperature thing is really bothering me.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My experience is like your, battery drains fast and the phone gets very hot... It has never completed 24 hours of use and with chatting lets say whatsapp and browsing fb and wpcentral app continuously it will not last more than 5 hours... Its too bad battery life, its worse than 920 even though it should be better... I think nokia didn't make efficient hardware for the wireless antenna or something else is not optimized... Im using the latest software and the problem still exist...

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Battery life should get better with time. The software needs to sync with the cells. A battery cycle may help. Let it die all the way, restart, let it die, then charge full overnight. Let us know if it helps

Drtywhat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I am lucky. I can go almost 2 days between charges. This is my first windows phone coming from blackberry, android, IOS. I am simply in love with it

EricVM

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Good advice above. Also go into settings / applications / background tasks and uncheck to Block apps running in background. everything always wants to run in the background. app developers always want there apps to run run run, some things will never change. I get fantastic battery life on my 925. hope this helps

tollonodre

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I can get thru 24 hours on one charge IF I only check email, answer phone call, texting, take couple pictures, light internet browsing

I'm sorry, I just had to laugh when I read this. I came from a blackberry where if you got 8 hours doing exactly that you were golden. And in a phone twice as thick. Two years later people complain you only get 24 hours. Not saying you're wrong, it's just interesting what people expect.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I had this same issue with my 920 when I got my phone. I didn't drain it I did a hard reset and my battery is really good (24 hours with pretty heavy use). Also, I have found apps sometimes do not load correctly. Keep that on mind, delete and reload.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My 920 gets really warm too when I use Nokia drive, but I've used it for hours straight and it hasn't overheated. I wouldn't worry too much about the 925 overheating. It seems normal from GPS use.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Battery life should get better with time. The software needs to sync with the cells. A battery cycle may help. Let it die all the way, restart, let it die, then charge full overnight. Let us know if it helps

Agreed. My battery was pretty good to begin with. The other night I allowed it to die just for the heck of it. Now, it seems to be even better. For example, I took the phone off the charger at 8am this morning. It's 9:30pm almost and battery saver tells me I have 6 hours left. I manage a T-Mobile and I use my phone near constantly.

Going from the 810, which I could generally get more than a day out of, to the 925 I'm losing about 5-8 hours of battery life. But, considering I now have a larger AMOLED screen chewing up power, I'd say 20+ hours ain't too bad at all.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't let your battery die completely because that can kill it even faster. Just charge it once it reaches 30% or so. Over time, the battery will calibrate like normal and you'll begin to see it lasting longer. I had the same issue with my 920 when I first got it. After the first few weeks, it should be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon