Lumia 925

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I have a small problem that I can hopefully get resolved. I purchased an unlocked Lumia 925 coming from my 920 on the Rogers network and I am only getting speeds of HSPA+. Hopefully there is a way to enable LTE???!!! I am using the same lte sim card from my 920 but not getting LTE.....i paid alot if money for this so I'm hoping there is a way around this....thanks guys.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... Were you normally getting LTE on your 920 in the places where you're now only getting HSPA+ on your 925?

Yes and on the 925 the LTE rogers network is selected. However this is an unlocked European phone. I get HSPA+ but not LTE. Someone told me that its a hardware limitation, i hope not,because i sold my 920 now and although i love the 925 I need LTE to work guys

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Though i would mention that the highest connection speed says 3G. However if i go the APN settings i have Rogers/LTE highlights and its not giving LTE. 😞😞

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Two other things to check. Need to verify the LTE bands on the box of the phone and confirm that is the frequency that rogers uses, and then, use access point to sync to LTE. Normally, carriers have LTE apns, and H+ apns. Verify both of these things.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I honestly hope that it has the bands that rogers uses but i am connected to LTE according to the APN but it only shows 3g and HSPA +

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I am looking but it looks like Rogers uses 2600 but I may be mistaken, can anyone confirm this please. Also on the phone box I see no 2600 anywhere.........this is not looking good for me

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think Rogers uses the exact same bands that T-Mobile does.

Rogers LTE bands: 700/850/1900/1700/2100
T-Mobile 925 bands: 700 / 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100

So, yeah, their LTE bands are identical. I looked these up, by the way.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I think Rogers uses the exact same bands that T-Mobile does.

Rogers LTE bands: 700/850/1900/1700/2100
T-Mobile 925 bands: 700 / 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100

So, yeah, their LTE bands are identical. I looked these up, by the way.
Which is why i don't uunderstand why I am not picking up an LTE signal!!!on my APN Rogers LTE is selected as well. This doesn't make sense. Options???

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what else to suggest. I was going to first say a soft reset, but I'm sure you've already done that more than once. Sorry. :unhappy:

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what else to suggest. I was going to first say a soft reset, but I'm sure you've already done that more than once. Sorry. :unhappy:

It`s okay man ,it`s not your fault but thanks for at least trying for me :( I will maybe call Nokia support or even Rogers and see what they say, but if anyone has any other options please feel free to shed some light ona fellow Windows phone 8 user :)

Jan Blazek

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I think you are out of luck according to this thread on Rogers Community forum:

Code:
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/12933

Especially look at the part, what member ryusoma said:

According to the Wikipedia article, Rogers' LTE bands are:

Band 7 (2600 MHz, FD-LTE)
Bands 4 and 10 (2100/1700 MHz, FD-LTE, AWS)

these are compatible with a few existing providers' deployments around the world, but outside North America the compatibility is literally hit and miss. In Europe for example, even if your LTE phone supports both these bands (and it appears most won't -ie: iPhone 5) you will get LTE coverage in Austria, Germany, Portugal, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland.. but not the rest of Europe, where you will fall back to HSPA or lower. You'll be out of luck in Asia too except for Singapore and Hong Kong.

Fundamentally, this is the fault of international cellular carriers and the ITU, for allowing a free-for-all on spectrum used for LTE. There are over a dozen frequency bands, combined with two incompatible transmission protocols FDD-LTE and TDD-LTE (sort of like CDMA and TDMA of old). Compared to just five worldwide with the older GSM-based standards.

A real conspiracy nut might even imply this is just how the networks want it, since your bleeding-edge carrier-subsidized LTE phone is a blase HSPA brick anytime you leave their network..

The AWS band Rogers uses is the other system - 1700/2100 that uses one frequency outbound and the other inbound to the tower - this system is completely incompatible outside North America. You will not get GREAT coverage as you only have 1 of the bands Rogers supports, but it will be coverage likely in most major centres. On the plus side, your phone would have much better coverage across Europe and the rest of Asia on LTE.

:unhappysweat:

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Well thank you for the response that I really did not want to hear 😞😞 I guess I'm screwed royally and never should have bought this device before fully researching. Although hpsa+ isn't bad I mostly get 3g and never get LTE........so disappointed by this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb