Lumia 925 - BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH - Totally bricked within a week :/

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh no, blue screen! I was trying to update Halo Spartan, and while doing it I got "your phone is running out of free space" message, so I clicked cancel on the install. An hour later looked at the phone and it was off. now try to turn it on and I get to the blue screen. Volume down and power does nothing, it vibrates, restarts and goes back to the blue screen :( it's a 6 weeks old device!!
I bought it unlocked in germany from Amazon. What's the procedure to get replacement/fix in these cases? Send it back to amazon or contact Nokia?

Btw, my (almost 2year old) Lumia 800 does not boot, my wife's (almost 1year old) 920 (which was previously mine) keeps randomly rebooting, 925 now blue screen. I'm trying to support and buy nokia products...But, they're hard to recommend... :(

noahw

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to chime in here to. I had my 925 for about a month before it bricked itself. I pulled it out of my pocket and it was off. Go to boot it up and I get to a solid blue screen after the nokia logo. That's all. I called Tmobile and they're sending me a new one. Hopefully it lasts longer!

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know but I am on my 4th phone. The longest I had one last was 26 days. It took Nokia 4 days to call me back with a response when my 3rd one failed on Monday. By that time tmo already sent me replacement. The person I spoke to has given me there contact info for me to call her directly if I encounter any issue.

ETjon

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I've been thinking... What's a feature that's unique to the 925, won't be used by 925 (making it not too widespread), and got turned on before the blue screen?... One thing I can think of is the new feature for Glance called "Peek." It was added soon before this happened to my phone, and so I've decided to not use it for now until this mess gets resolved. One way to test my theory is to ask: Whoever here who has gotten the blue screen, were you using the Peek feature when it happened?

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
Ok, so I've been thinking... What's a feature that's unique to the 925, won't be used by 925 (making it not too widespread), and got turned on before the blue screen?... One thing I can think of is the new feature for Glance called "Peek." It was added soon before this happened to my phone, and so I've decided to not use it for now until this mess gets resolved. One way to test my theory is to ask: Whoever here who has gotten the blue screen, were you using the Peek feature when it happened?

I was not using peek when my phone had the problem.

Kenneth Sitjar

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has found a viable solution that works 100% of the time, but this is my 3rd L925 from TMO and it has become quite a frustrating experience. Rather than calling TMO again to receive another device, I've decided to check these forums. I wasn't able to locate an official Nokia Care Suite app, however searching through Nokia's support page, they do list how to perform a hard reboot.

Reset your phone.

Warning: This erases all personal content on your phone and restores the factory settings.

Make sure the charger is disconnected, and switch the phone off.
Press and hold the volume down key, and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
Press the keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down. Your phone resets, and boots up. This may take several minutes.

So far, this fixed the blank blue screen, and now my phone is charging. If this doesn't work after it gets some juice, I'll let you all know.

Kenneth Sitjar

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
After hard resetting my phone, I received a Command Prompt screen: Windows Boot Manager. Looks like I'm going back to TMO to get my FOURTH replacement. WTH Nokia? :(

2013-09-04 08-40-23.789.jpg

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
This just happened to me with my launch day T-Mobile 925. Nokia Care Suite doesn't recognize that anything is plugged in. Had the blue screen, tried the hard reset and got the completely crazy Windows Boot Manager screen. I plan on heading to my local T-Mobile store today to get a replacement. Signed up for JUMP! so I'm pretty sure I'm covered since it acts as insurance as well. Will update when I get a response from T-Mobile.

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear it. The softare from this link Nokia Lumia 920 Software recognizes my device. I was told that if you are past the 14 days you have to go through the replacemnt process and a store can't give you another one. I suggest demanding next day ari for the return. That is what I did when my 3 one failed .

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I'm updating Nokia Care Suite right now to see if it recognizes the 925 then (first downloaded it when the US 925 wasn't out yet). As an aside, does the update download take forever for everyone, or just me?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Was able to use the Nokia Care Suite and a modified Nokia Data Package Manager that allowed me to download the right package to recover my phone. So happy I got my phone back! :D

Last edited:

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine has done this twice now. Reflashing from Nokia Care Suite has fixed it both times. It hasn't happened since the latest update, so I'm hoping I'm in the clear.

mriveaa

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
It happened to me yesterday.phone rebooted on its on and it stayed at the mobile splash screen til the battery died.Took it to a tmo store and they gave me a new one

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Ahmad Hasymizan

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Much like my lumia 925, just happen few hours ago. When I open video recorder using nokia default apps, the video record button was not functioning with the timer remain 00:00:00. Then I reboot. The same problem still there. I press main windows again, but this time the camera is processing displaying the thinking ......... Then my fon went dead until now. Both cable and charger still able to work with my powerbank. Hope to have some good service tomorrow. Meanwhile if anyone know how to solve this please do let me know. Thanks! Peace!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans