Is it risky to buy a Lumia 925 from another country?

Raymond29

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

I have been lurking around this forum for quite some time as I have decided to try out windows phone 8 due to its amazing live tiles:love:!! However, I had a HUGE dilemma of choosing between a Lumia 920 or a 925. After days and days of deciding, I finally opted the Lumia 920 mainly due to it being cheaper by more than 100 GBP in the UK. However, nokia recently released the 925 in Malaysia(which Im currently having my holiday at) for only 320 GBP!!(which is more or less the same price as the 920!!).

I am really tempted to get the 925 in Malaysia but knowing that Nokia do not provide any international warranty, is it risky to get it in another country?? Judging by the threads in this forum, I am worried that I might be one of the unlucky ones and this would be a huge problem because I would not get any support on this phone in the UK.

What are your suggestions?? Should I just get a lumia 920 in the UK?? I had the opportunity to try them both in a Nokia store today and the 925 is so much more sexier!!!

mikologlo

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Alright man I can understand your situation here, but you are missing the most important thing here, you are not to choose between them by what other people say.

Just use your common sense man, why would they create a higher version of the phone if it's not better and sexier.
Of course I want you to choose the Lumia 925 and be proud of yourself, don't be afraid if problem persist, as long as you bought it in the Nokia store then there would be warranty, you can then get a refund. - YORHealth

CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
You can buy one from elsewhere in Europe in relative safety, as the frequency bands are the same and Nokia's warranty covers the EU, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, and Turkey. Malaysia is a bit of a risk, not just because of the warranty, but radio bands and available languages as well (perhaps - I can't check).

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You can buy one from elsewhere in Europe in relative safety, as the frequency bands are the same and Nokia's warranty covers the EU, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, and Turkey. Malaysia is a bit of a risk, not just because of the warranty, but radio bands and available languages as well (perhaps - I can't check).

Not true. My mother's 620 came from Malaysia and it was fine. It has all the bands it should and had both Malay and UK English installed in the keyboard (we removed Malay). Should be fine getting a Lumia from Malaysia.

Raymond29

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for the reply! I just checked both the Lumia 925 from UK and Malaysia and they seem to have the same LTE Network Bands of 1,3,7,8,20. So, does it means that it should be compatible??
Besides, is it worth saving 100 pounds for a device that has a warranty only limited to Malaysia? Am worried that my Lumia 925 might have problems(judging by this forum) but my brother's N8 seems to stand the test of time as it is still functioning well after 3 years. Besides, having problems means sending repairs that might add up to 100 pounds.
Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs