How to change to full resolution photos?

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I saw the default setting of video shooting on my Lumia 925 was set to 720p so quickly changed to 1080p and am loving the quality!

It made me wonder if I am getting full resolution photos and if Nokia Smart Cam produces lower resolution photos than the standard Camera App? Curiosity led me to download some sample photos from here: Nokia Lumia PureView 925 Review

....and I find that the sample photos are a hefty 3Mb file size, compared to an average 300kb file size for snaps taken using standard / default settings on the Camera App.... So my question really is - why the big difference in file size? Am I missing a setting to turn up the resolution on my photos?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You might be uploading them to skydrive. that reduces quality of the images, can you try to connect to a pc and check the quality.

There is also an option to make higher quality upload possible on skydrive.

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought the same but i downloaded full quality, and also just emailed the photos to myself and they still appear small

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
no I mean just see their size when you connect your phone to your pc . Don't email or download from skydrive, take the pics right off the camera roll.

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Cool, now they look the correct size. So is there a way to transfer the full size image via email/bt/skydrive...or do will i always have to plug in the cable? Thanks for your advice mate.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings> applications tab > photos + camera . There you will find SkyDrive at the bottom, tap on it and select best quality uploads. I think this should do it.

In case it doesn't work connect it to your pc once a while and the Windows Phone app auto imports all pictures and albums onto pc automatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos