- 08-08-2013, 08:58 AM #1
I saw the default setting of video shooting on my Lumia 925 was set to 720p so quickly changed to 1080p and am loving the quality!
It made me wonder if I am getting full resolution photos and if Nokia Smart Cam produces lower resolution photos than the standard Camera App? Curiosity led me to download some sample photos from here: Nokia Lumia PureView 925 Review
....and I find that the sample photos are a hefty 3Mb file size, compared to an average 300kb file size for snaps taken using standard / default settings on the Camera App.... So my question really is - why the big difference in file size? Am I missing a setting to turn up the resolution on my photos?
- 08-08-2013, 09:21 AM #2
You might be uploading them to skydrive. that reduces quality of the images, can you try to connect to a pc and check the quality.
There is also an option to make higher quality upload possible on skydrive.
- 08-08-2013, 01:07 PM #4
no I mean just see their size when you connect your phone to your pc . Don't email or download from skydrive, take the pics right off the camera roll.
- 08-08-2013, 05:34 PM #6
Go to settings> applications tab > photos + camera . There you will find SkyDrive at the bottom, tap on it and select best quality uploads. I think this should do it.
In case it doesn't work connect it to your pc once a while and the Windows Phone app auto imports all pictures and albums onto pc automatically.
- By EBynum in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-28-2014, 10:17 PM
- By pommes in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 10-02-2013, 09:59 PM
- By amrut_m in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 42Last Post: 08-11-2013, 07:56 AM
- By Nsmet93 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 08-10-2013, 12:49 PM
- By Dirigent82 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 3Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:40 PM