I don't know what to think.

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I?ve read with glee all the posts by folks saying that they had a very short battery life: I figured I had hit the lottery, because I had (I thought) great battery life.

Then, for reasons unknown, my phone bricked. I hustled to this site and figured out how to fix that problem (Thanks!!!) and the next day my battery went to zero in about an hour. I did another soft reset and things were fine. I thought.

I read the review of Battery Pro +: “Powered by Nokia” Battery Pro+ app is a free and elegant tool worth checking out | Windows Phone Central and decided to download it.
If you look at the picture in the review you can clearly see that the battery is using [squiggly line] 1% (I don?t know what the squiggly line means, in context maybe approx?) I have never seen my battery discharging at less than 7% and sometimes as high as 35%.

Is this normal? Or do I have a problem? I get up in the AM, unplug the phone that has been charging overnight; look at the news on the net for at least an hour. Plug in the phone while getting ready to go out, pop the phone in my purse. Check it for e mails and such during the day. Plug it in when I get home and then take it with me at night when I go out. The evening plug in is just because I drive through a deserted area at night and don?t want to get stuck with a dead phone if something goes wrong with my car.

Am I doing something wrong? Is my battery ok? I thought I had a great battery then thought I had a miserable battery and now don?t know what to think!!! I can?t tell from the posts re batteries how they compare to mine.

sinergy2k

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't sound right but it really depends on what apps you have running. On battery pro mine is showing 4% usage per hour.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a tone of apps on my L925 I go all day using this device from 5:00am to 5:00pm by the time I get home I still have 40-48%battery I could never do that with my old HTC HD7 it had to be around a charger all the time.

thebishopclan

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Check and see what Apps that you have 'running' in the background. 'settings - swipe to 'background tasks' and see how many apps that are running in the background. Check to see which ones you don't necessary need to run and 'block' them. This can extend battery usage.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Also check that Double-tap to wake phone (Settings -> display+touch -> touch) and Glance (Settings -> display+touch -> glance) are turned off. Both consume additonal battery power when turned on.

Jan Blazek

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Also check that Double-tap to wake phone (Settings -> display+touch -> touch) and Glance (Settings -> display+touch -> glance) are turned off. Both consume additonal battery power when turned on.

No, not that much. I have both options turned on. Still under 5% discharge per hour.

jenesuispasbavard

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem. My battery discharge rate on average is about 25% / hour. Here's my post from the bugs/defects thread:

I got a Lumia 925 last week, and I've had to charge it up to three times a day because the battery drains so quickly. It is also constantly warm, which makes me believe it's an app running in the background.

Even while charging, it takes up to five hours to charge instead of the usual two or three. In the last seven days, there was only one charge which completed in two hours' time (this is how it should be), and the phone wasn't hot as it seems to usually be while charging.

I've tried rebooting the phone in case the process is killed, but restarting doesn't do anything. Another oddity is that even switching Battery Saver on doesn't help. Battery Saver is supposed to allow apps only in the foreground, isn't it?

I'm now in the process of going through my list of applications under 'Background tasks -> Advanced' uninstalling them one-by-one to see which application (if any) is the culprit; this'll take a while. The same apps are installed as were on my HTC 8X (and battery life there was excellent), so it's either an app not playing well with GDR2/Amber or it's a Nokia application causing the problem.

Here's a screenshot of my phone about 30 minutes off the charger: imgur: the simple image sharer

Edit: Hmm. Something interesting: if I switch Battery Saver to 'Always on (not recommended)', and restart my phone, the megadrain stops. So this is perhaps an app/process that starts when my phone boots but doesn't stop when battery saver is turned on, unless battery saver is on when the phone boots, in which case the app/process doesn't start in the first place?

Edit 2: This is reproducible and a temporary solution (I can't always be on battery saver after all): the phone is stone-cold (room temperature, actually, but the cold metal feels great) after I unplugged it from the charger, switched on Battery Saver to Always On, and restarted.

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks for all your help!!! I think I've been reading the battery pro thing wrong. I went out this AM having recharged the battery to 100%. Checked email and such once or twice during the day. Came home 8 hrs later and checked battery pro. That said I was using the battery at 7% Which I took to mean 7% per hour for at least the hour I was checking. But my battery was showing 93% full, so I had only been using 1% an hour, which seems right. I think I will turn glance and double tap back on cause I just love them. Reload an app I suspected of causing problems, because I loved it and ditch battery pro. I think it might be like looking up diseases on line then thinking you have every disease from cancer to plague.

Thanks for much for your help!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs