Unlocked TMOUS 925 can tether on other networks

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick note. Unlocked TMOUS 925 which can't tether on T-Mobile (because my plan doesn't have tethering) can tether in at least some networks. I am using one on True in Thailand now, with Nokia's Access Point app/setting set correctly.

Looks like Access Point configures the device for open-market tethering when appropriate. Awesome.

fourpoint5toes

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I can also confirm this to be true. I got my 925 unlocked by Tmobile for a recent visit to Turkey, where using it on Vodafone service there allowed me to tether my other devices.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Do any of you have the ability to try the proceedure at http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mms-now-working-t-920-w-usa-t-mobile-sim.html to tell if adding a foriegn SIM unlocks internet sharing when placed back on Tmobile? I have tried other SIMs and I am waiting for a foriegn SIM now on order to test it out. Basically, there is one sign that it is possible. If, with a foriegn SIM installed, you go to SETTINGS>CELLULAR and you see the option "edit APN" or "edit MMS APN" then the procedure at the 920 thread should work to make a 925's internet tethering work. The stock Tmobile 925 does not have these settings under SETTINGS>CELLULAR though. My hunch is putting a foriegn SIM in will make them appear.

I started this thread to make progress on the topic http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...t-sharing-work-tmobile-prepaid-unlimited.html

those of you with a Tmo 925 unlocked running on a foriegn carrier, I would greatly appreciate knowing if your phone has the SETTINGS>CELLULAR and you see the option "edit APN" or "edit MMS APN"

Much appreciated!

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you have the ability to try the proceedure at http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mms-now-working-t-920-w-usa-t-mobile-sim.html to tell if adding a foriegn SIM unlocks internet sharing when placed back on Tmobile? I have tried other SIMs and I am waiting for a foriegn SIM now on order to test it out. Basically, there is one sign that it is possible. If, with a foriegn SIM installed, you go to SETTINGS>CELLULAR and you see the option "edit APN" or "edit MMS APN" then the procedure at the 920 thread should work to make a 925's internet tethering work. The stock Tmobile 925 does not have these settings under SETTINGS>CELLULAR though. My hunch is putting a foriegn SIM in will make them appear.

I started this thread to make progress on the topic http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...t-sharing-work-tmobile-prepaid-unlimited.html

those of you with a Tmo 925 unlocked running on a foriegn carrier, I would greatly appreciate knowing if your phone has the SETTINGS>CELLULAR and you see the option "edit APN" or "edit MMS APN"

Much appreciated!

I have a unlocked tmo 925, and at first, it did not tether on Vivo (brazilian carrier) saying tether was not available but here there is no policy limiting tether, and if there is, they do nothing about it, as tethering is available on every capable phone/carrier/whatsoever. After a firmware and access point update (back in november/december), it tethers perfectly so I assume it was a phone issue.
But no, there is no option to edit the APN.

My hunch is that the phone configures automatically the APN, and being automatically done between the phone and carrier, it can't be edited.
If I add a new APN, I can delete the automatically configured but not edit it.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a unlocked tmo 925, and at first, it did not tether on Vivo (brazilian carrier) saying tether was not available but here there is no policy limiting tether, and if there is, they do nothing about it, as tethering is available on every capable phone/carrier/whatsoever. After a firmware and access point update (back in november/december), it tethers perfectly so I assume it was a phone issue.
But no, there is no option to edit the APN.

My hunch is that the phone configures automatically the APN, and being automatically done between the phone and carrier, it can't be edited.
If I add a new APN, I can delete the automatically configured but not edit it.

Thx. So the firmware update was a std carrier update, not flashing the ROM in your case, correct? Much appreciated.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I can also confirm this to be true. I got my 925 unlocked by Tmobile for a recent visit to Turkey, where using it on Vodafone service there allowed me to tether my other devices.

Did you bring the phone back and try internet sharing on Tmobile after the trip? Did it work? Also to confirm, did you have to enter the correct Vodafone APN settings in access point to get the MMS and internet to work on the phone? Thx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786