We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mjrtoo
  1. mjrtoo's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    897 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    It's black and beautiful. And 16 gigs is fine for what I use a phone for. Says shipping September 11th.
  2. manish bilung's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    congratulations. do post the hands on review after you get it
  3. mjrtoo's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    897 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by manish bilung View Post
    congratulations. do post the hands on review after you get it
    Will do!
  4. unstoppablekem's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8,140 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,649 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    It seems like a really nice looking device. Hope you like it when you get it!
  5. andynew89's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Congratulations 😉 you'll love this phone. I have 32GB version. I've installed all apps that I need and the ones that are interesting plus I've put some music on my phone and still have almost 20GB free storage LOL Some of the games can take up a lot. But if you not a games lover then it won't bother you.
  6. mjrtoo's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    897 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #6  
    Shipped already, should get it Saturday!
  7. mjrtoo's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    897 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by andynew89 View Post
    Congratulations 😉 you'll love this phone. I have 32GB version. I've installed all apps that I need and the ones that are interesting plus I've put some music on my phone and still have almost 20GB free storage LOL Some of the games can take up a lot. But if you not a games lover then it won't bother you.
    Yeah, I've had the LG Quantum since day 1, with 16GB so I should be good. Time for a new phone... :-)
  8. rdubmu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,195 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,520 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrtoo View Post
    It's black and beautiful. And 16 gigs is fine for what I use a phone for. Says shipping September 11th.
    Congrats! 16gigs isn't enough on windows phone 8, it is on windows phone 7.
  9. mjrtoo's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    897 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    Congrats! 16gigs isn't enough on windows phone 8, it is on windows phone 7.
    Enough for who? Not you maybe, but obviously thousands of other people will be good :-). It's going to be just fine, plus, don't really have a choice and nothing I can do about it.
  10. rdubmu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,195 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,520 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrtoo View Post
    Enough for who? Not you maybe, but obviously thousands of other people will be good :-). It's going to be just fine, plus, don't really have a choice and nothing I can do about it.



    that is true.

    There are some memory issues, photos take up a lot more room and they don't automatically delete. You have to manually delete them. On windows phone 7, once you sync they are gone from your camera roll..

    The other storage issue as well takes up a lot of memory.

    The 925 inhm is the best of the 92x series.





    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
  11. H3llain3's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Ugh, I pre-ordered mine on 8-28 and I just checked my shipping status and it says that the phone is back-ordered. I'm upset because it was showing my shipping estimate as being shipped from between the 4th and 6th of September. I figured it wouldn't be shipped that early but I thought I'd get the phone soon. Now to figure out how to cancel and try my luck in-store.

    Update: I just called and spoke to a rep (after chatting with another rep who told me my order was not on back-order, despite what the website said) and she explained that the phones are shipping from two different warehouses and one of the warehouses has run out of the phones. She said that orders from the warehouse that is no longer stocked will be transferred to the other warehouse and should ship soon, but she does not know the exact date. I was told I cannot cancel my order and buy in-store.
    Last edited by H3llain3; 09-06-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Update
  12. mjrtoo's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    897 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llain3 View Post
    Ugh, I pre-ordered mine on 8-28 and I just checked my shipping status and it says that the phone is back-ordered. I'm upset because it was showing my shipping estimate as being shipped from between the 4th and 6th of September. I figured it wouldn't be shipped that early but I thought I'd get the phone soon. Now to figure out how to cancel and try my luck in-store.

    Update: I just called and spoke to a rep (after chatting with another rep who told me my order was not on back-order, despite what the website said) and she explained that the phones are shipping from two different warehouses and one of the warehouses has run out of the phones. She said that orders from the warehouse that is no longer stocked will be transferred to the other warehouse and should ship soon, but she does not know the exact date. I was told I cannot cancel my order and buy in-store.
    Posting with mine right now, you'll love it when you get it!
  13. H3llain3's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Glad to hear you received your phone :)

    Just posting an update for anyone who is in a similar situation or is thinking about purchasing the phone online:

    I have not received mine. When I checked my order status on the website, it said that my order had been cancelled. This after they told me it was impossible to cancel my order. I put in another call to customer service and they said that yes, somehow my order was cancelled and they were sorry for the inconvenience, blah, blah, blah. they offered to reprocess the order, but now the phone is back-ordered. :( :( I hate AT&T right now. They are always dropping the ball on something. I was going to check in-store availability but when I went to the 925 page the little note about being released on the 11th was gone and when I tried to see if any stores had the phone in stock in my area, none did. I don't know if this means the phone is still not being released until the 11th or that the phone is not being shipped to stores at all because it is back-ordered. AT&T so sucks right now. I am now debating whether I should get this phone (if it is ever available) or if I should wait until Nokia announces their phablet. Also, considering the sucky customer service in this situation and wondering if I should go with the T-mobile variant since I haven't had a contract with AT&T for a year. Decisions, decisions.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems importing contact from other phone via file
    By Staffan Lindblad in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 02:50 AM
  2. How to revert back to windows 8 from 8.1
    By Killer BIGxyz in forum Windows 8
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 03:18 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 01:22 PM
  4. Bing video result missing from search
    By stuartbritt in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 06:11 PM
  5. Bluetooth connecting in my car
    By prest208 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2013, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

";