TURNING OFF AT&T's LTE???

StillClassic29

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
is there any way to turn off LTE and use it on 4g? I honestly don't need LTE (I have wifi everywhere I go) and I know for a fact that LTE is a battery hog (experimented this with my iPhone 5)
So if any of you folks know how to do this, can you please help me out? Thanks

I tried the settings and no luck

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
there is a code you can punch in I believe, I will try to look when I get home. I have noticed the opposite with my Windows Phones on AT&T, I get better battery life on LTE than 4g and 3g.

StillClassic29

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I appreciate that. How is that possible, though? When I had my iP5, the battery life sucked big time with LTE. I turned it off and started using 4g instead and battery improved a lot.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
##3282#, ellipses at the bottom, change from automatic. Use at your own risk. Oh, and I think you have to do the toggle ens reboot switch for it to take.

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No pic, but that's to turn off data, not change type.

trying the pic again, Maybe the forum doesn't like my browser...

Incase it doesn't work, the third section down on that setting is called 'highest connection speed', in there you can select 4g instead of LTE

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
trying the pic again, Maybe the forum doesn't like my browser...

Incase it doesn't work, the third section down on that setting is called 'highest connection speed', in there you can select 4g instead of LTE

Doesn't exist on my phone, what phone and network are you on? This was for ATT.

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It looks like I am not being helpful at all. I am surprised AT&T doesn't have that setting. I've had two different networks on my phones and they both have that setting (Cincinnati Bell & T-Mobile)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium