06-02-2014, 10:40 PM #4
- 1 Posts
I activated my Lumia 925 two days ago, 31.May 2014, and today, 2.June it continues to lose the password to my home WiFi. I do not know if it is relevant, but I do have the name of my network hidden. However, the Lumia has no trouble finding the network name, just remembering the password. Does anyone have world of an official explanation/fix? Thanks, GHL
- 06-02-2014, 10:43 PM #5
Do you have your router set to pick a channel automatically, or do you use a static channel for your network?
I had my router set to 'automatic' and I had issues with disconnection. When I changed to channel to 10, the disconnection issues stopped.
My SSID is not hidden, but I do use WPA2 security.
06-03-2014, 01:01 AM #6
- 34 Posts
Two possible ways to resolve:
1. On the phone, goto Settings->WiFi while connected to the access point. Press and hold on the network in the list and then "Edit".. There should be a setting to 'automatically connect' in the subsequent menu. if it is unchecked, check it and save.
2. If you also log in using the same Microsoft Account on a Windows 8 PC the settings will indeed sync back and forth. If you ever manually disconnect from the WiFi network on the PC on Win8, it will uncheck the setting and sync it back to the phone. When I connect to the WiFi network on my Win8 PC, I have to be sure to check the 'Connect automatically' setting so as to not mess up the phone settings.
06-03-2014, 01:04 AM #7
- 34 Posts
My best advice is to *not* have a hidden network. Hidden networks provide a false sense of security, which in most cases is worst than no security.
- By vjonna in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 5Last Post: 04-27-2014, 12:50 AM
- By connectandroid in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 3Last Post: 09-20-2013, 03:21 PM
- By Sayyid Shoaib in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 09-20-2013, 07:05 AM
- By weetigo in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 1Last Post: 09-19-2013, 12:20 PM
- By totoro0106 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2013, 08:39 AM