Classic troubles : live tiles not updating for FB, Twitter..

vajnorcan

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

I've tried to find some real solution to the problem I'm facing and that is that I'm not receiving any notifications (no toasts, no live tiles update) for the Facebook nor Twitter and possibly many other applications. The only application that receives updates from social networks is the out-of-the-box all-in-one application that comes with WP8 (LinkedIn, Twitter, FB etc etc).

Can please anyone point me the right direction to resolve this matter?

I've tried..
- pin/unpin the live tile,
- uninstall/install the application,
- allowed every single thing that might be allowed on FB, Twitter wp app,
- not blocking these apps in SETTINGS -> APPS -> Background Tasks...

Thanks for all your help

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
None of my live tiles were updating so I went and opened all apps with live tiles and made sure they were turned off for the ones I wasn't using. That didn't work. Earlier today someone mentioned deleting the internet cache worked for them so I did that and it seems things are starting to come back to life. I just got a WPC push, fb notified me of updates and my Bing news tile updated as well as the weather app I use. So try one or both of those above. Its been frustrating to solve this puzzle and my next step was to do a hard reset.

vajnorcan

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Guys thanks, but none of the suggestions had changed anything, soft reset was done million times and clearing the IE cache hasn't helped neither..

vajnorcan

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
NONE OF TILES ARE GETTING UPDATES! not even the ones that worked ok before?! Weather, people, gmail.. What the fk is going on???

vajnorcan

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
No I wasn't.77% and in addition to this even battery live tile is not getting any updates... Frustrating really. Hard reset? Wait till gdr3?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon