Bent aluminum frame?

VillHamp

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have to ask you Lumia 925 owners, do any one of you have a slightly bent frame? Mine is just 2 centimeters from the top.

I noticed that it?s the case for me, and I have not had any accidents, not as bad as i know will be needed...

Best regards,

/ Ville

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Given the material it's not likely this is supposed to be like that. I've got a 920 but I've seen and had a play around with plenty of 925's and never noticed it being bent at the top before. Are you able to give us a picture of what you mean at all?

Hakan_Kilic

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine is bent too. Badly I can say. The screen glass gets above the chassis. I noticed this after I hit it on the carpet floor ( a little badly). I don't think this would cause bending. If the screen had shattered, ok, but bent? Noo.

kattenmusen

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 925 is also bent. I only noticed it after turning it in for repair after the screen poppet out 1mm~ from the frame similar to the poster above.

bent_925_lumia_small.jpg

Nokia claims that the device has been subjected to physical overload and therefore their warranty does not cover this..
I have owned this device for about 4 months and always been very careful with it. When I turned it in for repair there was not even a single scratch on it and I also have a recipe from the service shop saying this..

One thing I noticed though is that the device got extremely hot using apps and sometimes if I was using an app for long enough it crashed and shut down and I couldn't open anything until the device had cooled down..

Maybe the heat has something to do with the frame getting bent?

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Kattenmusen:
It has nothing to do with some phones getting hot. Aluminium has to be way hotter than lets say the 60 degrees Celsius that some phone get to bend easily. :excited:
To get your phone screwed up like that, it must have been in a situation that had a lot of tension and / or force. Aluminium doesn't just bend without a reason.

kattenmusen

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I went over the pdf and looked at a video and you are right it doesn't show them apart. This site sells screens with and without the frame. So it must be possible. Nokia Lumia 925 Replacement Parts
The thing I don't like about the 925 is that "box frame" special tool that is required to work on the phone.

kattenmusen

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
My 925 is completely flat and it's been VERY hot before. Must've been something else, heat wouldn't bent aluminium.

You're saying heat does not bend aluminium? :straight: Have you heard about thermal expansion? Aluminium does not need to melt for it to be deformed..
Ofcourse in normal conditions the aluminium, when cooled down again, would return to its original shape but if there is some internal or other force applied it sure wont return to its original shape..

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I think you are mistaking when you say that the temperature of the phone reaches high enough to be able to bend aluminum.
Of course high temps can bend the aluminum but it has to be way hotter than that.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I was crawling around under the car earlier this week with my 925 in my pocket.
Fortunately I didn't damage the device, yet I could see how this may happen if the phone was subjected to some kind of tremendous in-pocket stress.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think you are mistaken saying the temperature the phone reaches are able to bend aluminum.
Of course high temps can bend the aluminum but it has to be way hotter than that.
I was an auto mechanic by trade and I read that an aluminum piston had to reach 500 degrees F before it started to soften.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
the temperature bending aluminum debate is silly. you could bend this frame between your fingers if there weren't other components supporting the structure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb