General T-Mobile 925 Questions/Advice

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I gave in and ordered the 925 yesterday on the newegg deal, so now I just want to ask a few questions.
1. How is WiFi calling? One of the main reasons I dropped my 810 for the 925 was because I need WiFi calling.
2. What T-Mobile plans are you guys running with your 925? I'm interested in LTE and I'm currently with MVNO Simple Mobile, but I plan on switching directly to T-Mobile by next week.
3. What Wireless Charging Shell + Case Combo's are you working with? Do you have them both on at the same time, or do you swap them out? I don't trust myself enough to leave my phone naked. Props to the brave ones.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I gave in and ordered the 925 yesterday on the newegg deal, so now I just want to ask a few questions.
1. How is WiFi calling? One of the main reasons I dropped my 810 for the 925 was because I need WiFi calling.
2. What T-Mobile plans are you guys running with your 925? I'm interested in LTE and I'm currently with MVNO Simple Mobile, but I plan on switching directly to T-Mobile by next week.
3. What Wireless Charging Shell + Case Combo's are you working with? Do you have them both on at the same time, or do you swap them out? I don't trust myself enough to leave my phone naked. Props to the brave ones.
1) WiFi HD calling is UNREAL. Scary unreal and it works like a charm but won't work on some company WiFi as they block some ports that you may have never noticed before!

2) Running Unlimited for me and 2GB for the fiance. All Tmobile plans are unlimited Talk and Text. I have JUMP and the fiance for some reason just has insurance. Costing us less than $90 a month with taxes after discount from employer.

3) I run with my phone naked so can't answer that question.

spop9

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
1) WiFi HD calling is UNREAL. Scary unreal and it works like a charm but won't work on some company WiFi as they block some ports that you may have never noticed before!

2) Running Unlimited for me and 2GB for the fiance. All Tmobile plans are unlimited Talk and Text. I have JUMP and the fiance for some reason just has insurance. Costing us less than $90 a month with taxes after discount from employer.

Dang, is your discount like 50% ? I have two 925s with jump and 500mb of data for $140.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Another thread reports problems with MMS on the 925 if Wi-fi calling is active after the Black update. Like you, my 925 is inbound so I don't know first hand.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
No text photos will go through MMS with wifi calling. To receive media "photos" turn off wifi and download then turn back on.

My newegg 925 literally just came in the door. I am crossing my fingers and hope it works as good as my 521 which has excellent wifi calling by the way.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Dang, is your discount like 50% ? I have two 925s with jump and 500mb of data for $140.

Are you still on a contract plan? I have 3 phones for less. The unlimited talk/text and 500mb is $80 for 2 on a family plan. 2GB adds $10/each line, Jump is then $10/each

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I'm definitely looking forward to WiFi calling, meaning I have to jump on T-Mobile. I'm currently paying $40 flat for 1GB at 4G speeds, and then slowed. I was thinking about the T-Mobile $60 plan with 2.5GB so I can get LTE, but that's already a $20 jump without taxes. The $30 plan doesn't give me enough minutes, and the $50 plan is 500mb without LTE(Can anyone confirm this is correct Is this correct) I'm torn right now on phone plans. With Jump do you still have to pay the full price of the new phone?

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how many minutes you use but with the $30 plan just leave an extra $10 in your account if you go over 100 minutes. You get charged 10 cents a minute. My beef is I feel if they give you 5 gigs they should not charge for tethering. What difference does it make where your 5 gigs is going?

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how many minutes you use but with the $30 plan just leave an extra $10 in your account if you go over 100 minutes. You get charged 10 cents a minute. My beef is I feel if they give you 5 gigs they should not charge for tethering. What difference does it make where your 5 gigs is going?

They charge for tethering on the $30 plan, or on all of them?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just for the record.... Not ALL. There is a T-Mobile $30/mo unlimited data, unlimited text, 100 minute talk plan.
when did they introduce this, I was informed by an exec answering John Legeres phone call all plans were unlimited and any other plan besides simple choice was being discontinued. I used to have a 100 min plan then they removed it so I upgraded.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You have to get it at Walmart. Just buy a prepaid card and after that do everything over the internet. I am not sure about the sim though. I bought my 521 at Walmart and the sim came with it. Tmobile used to have this online and they dropped it and left it in Walmarts hands.

wasapasserby

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
The $50 plan is 500mb without LTE(Can anyone confirm this is correct Is this correct) I'm torn right now on phone plans. With Jump do you still have to pay the full price of the new phone?

The $50 plan is 500mb with LTE. It's what I'm currently on, and between work and home (both of which have wifi), I don't hit the soft limit.

I was informed by an exec answering John Legeres phone call all plans were unlimited

All postpaid plans are unlimited. The $30 100 minutes, 5GB LTE/unlimited is a prepaid plan

wasapasserby

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had a 925 on T-Mobile since 08/2013.

1. WiFi calling is amazing. My cubicle is in a dead zone, but as long as I'm connected to WiFi, I'm good. Most of the time. MMS normally doesn't come through on WiFi calling (disable WiFi, retrieve message, then re-enable WiFi), and occasionally, WiFi calling doesn't connect (but that's more to do with our corporate WiFi settings).

2. I'm on the $50 postpaid plan. 500mb LTE/unlimited 2G.

3. I don't use wireless charging. My case is ****-ugly, but it's saved this phone so many times it's worth it. I carried my first 925 naked and shattered the screen within 3 weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism