No Notifications on Glance with Lumia 925

bkaankose

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody , I recenty bought a new Lumia 925 and updated it to 8.1 Preview.Its firmware is Lumia Black now and there is no more updates.So It is up to date.However , I can not see my notifications on my glance screen.

It only shows time and battery icon when its being charged.Is there anything I am missing ? Quite hours is off , I looked up to glance settings and there is no glance info part.

Liam Wong

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe there's an option in the glance settings to choose whether you want to display notifications or text. If its not there maybe you don't have the most up to date glance settings app?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey welcome to WPCentral forums !
Looks like you have older version of glance installed.Go to windows phone store/tap on 3 dots/settings/check for updates. This should update your installed apps + system settings (which includes glance screen ) to the latest version. You may try a soft reset after updating glance by holding volume down + lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboot itself (ignore the black screen to power off the phone ).
glance | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)

bkaankose

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried to check updates but nothing appeared on the screen.As you said , I think I have older version of glance app but I can't find it on store.I am connected to wi-fi and it automatically update my apps when connected.

I tried to find glance app by myself by looking Microsoft Mobile apps but couldn't see.It says "Already purchased" on website but can't find.Maybe it's a region related issue ? I am from Turkey and my keyboard is Turkish but I am using my phone in United States region.

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Try restarting the handset a couple of times, Glance didn't work properly for me initially either.

Lumia 925 on Three UK running WP8.1

Last edited:

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Glad I could be of assistance.

Now you have that fixed, the other killer app I would suggest for new WP users aside from WP8.1 itself is Lockmix - check it out, it allows you to put all sorts of info on your lock screen, very useful.

bkaankose

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Glad I could be of assistance.

Now you have that fixed, the other killer app I would suggest for new WP users aside from WP8.1 itself is Lockmix - check it out, it allows you to put all sorts of info on your lock screen, very useful.

Great app with such quality , thanks for suggestion !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss