Can't hear right headphone , could this be software related ?

bkaankose

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone , 4 days ago I bought a new Lumia 925.Yesterday I plugged my earphone and couldn't hear anything from right one.I tried different earphones and they did not work either.However I can hear sounds from my computer , so earphones working fine.

I don't know about Lumia settings much either so I am asking is this software related bug or sth ? Or my earphone socket is just broken ?

NghiV

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem and have found a cause as well as a solution.
About half the time I get a notification (text, Messenger, etc.), it makes a small buzzing/cracking noise in the right ear, and sound stops working in that ear until I reboot the phone. The fix however, is to have music playing when a notification pops up. It's not a problem for me, as I pretty much have music constantly playing anyways, but some people only stream their music and don't want to eat up battery/data.

PRASHANT RANJAN1

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
well if you are a lonely guy like me and do not care about messages/notifications then...:wink:

Goto Settings>ringtones+sounds>manage app sounds and make notification sound as 'none' for everything e.g messaging, messanger except Phone....

This will fix your problem....fixed mine atleast

Also are you using Lumia Cyan.....??

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me with both my phones that are updated to 8.1. I never experienced it while running 8. I thought at first it was just affecting my 925, but then the other week, I was using my 810 and listening to music, paused it and then it only played music through the left earphone when I hit play again.

Brendan741

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue on two 925's. I did a warranty exchange and updated the second one and it happened again. I used the Nokia recovery tool and went back to Lumia Black, and no issues. I no longer have 8.1, but now I can listen all my podcasts and music in both ears.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Only use ear/headphones having 3 rings plug. Otherwise, you'll end up hearing only one channel or else end up damaging the jack.

It's designed for 4, not 3, so that's not the cause, nor solution...

The standard 3 rings are Left, Right, Ground
The newer 4 rings are Left, Right, Microphone, Ground [listed in no particular order].

We've found it to be a bug in the software that when a notification sound plays, it makes a slight crackling sound in the right side, and it will be disabled until a restart of the device is completed. This has been noted on several different Nokia models, this thread alone lists the 810 and our 925's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs