L925 Screen not flush with chassis

Bakedfresh

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi knowledgeable people of WPC,

As the title says the screen on my L925 is separating from the chassis at the top of handset, has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks for you help.

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Have this phone from few months now, didn't happened. But it appear sometimes, with the usual use, it happened to a friend with a Lumia 800. You should try to use your warranty

Bakedfresh

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, because I'm a time traveller.

But really, my 925 is a GB version and I'm in NZ, so no warranty for me. Plus not being able to find the receipt doesn't help.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi knowledgeable people of WPC,

As the title says the screen on my L925 is separating from the chassis at the top of handset, has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks for you help.

Never been dropped or abused? Not saying it couldn't be something defective in design or construction, but it seems by this date in knowing how to make solid smart phones this shouldn't happen. No?

Bakedfresh

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
No it hasn't had too much abuse, a few drops onto carpet so I'm assuming its not that.

Does anyone know how the screen is held inside the chassis?

AJ M

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I had to replace my screen recently and I am seeing this. The glass is held in by double sided tape or some type of adhesive. I have not seen any problems with it as it seems to be stable but I am thinking the frame or the glass is not flat. Did you buy your phone used?

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
No it hasn't had too much abuse, a few drops onto carpet so I'm assuming its not that.

Does anyone know how the screen is held inside the chassis?

Seems that even a drop to carpet could result in your problem. And, no, I'm not going to try to duplicate that with my phone!

Owning many handsets since 2001, I only ever dropped one of them, best as I recall. And I long ago developed the habit of when I drop something, I try to interject my foot into the trajectory. So, end result, no damage even though it landed on hard terrazzo. I'm uber-careful around toilets, I make sure my phones are never on the edge of tables, etc.

It's about care and habits.

Best of luck.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb