Pretty happy with the T-Mo L925 Cyan update.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just posting to say the 925 is again the phone it used to be.

Been texting like crazy while on Wi-Fi
Battery is good
Camera still shoots green pics under the flash

I'm starting to carry the 925 more than my 635 now.
Before the update the 635 was my go to.

Came very close to putting my 925 up for sale before the update.
Haven't found any serious downsides as of this posting.

*note
OTA upgraded from the developer preview directly to Cyan.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
This is precisely what I did. Once I updated my 925 it's become my daily once again. I gave my 635 to ex-wife's son (he needed a phone badly).
I'm very pleased with the Cyan update. No issues at all, everything works well. However, I'll say that once the update was complete I did hard reset (just in case) lol

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...
Mark should I hard reset?...or is that pushing my luck?

Hard reset 5 times on the preview.
Got slightly frustrated with my results there.

Lesson learned.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
@Guytronic ---- If you're not having any annoyances I don't think you'd need to hard reset. Like you, I hard reset on PforD many times and just got tired of it. The phone would be good for a spell (sometimes as long as a week) but somewhere along the line it would always go kaput .... unresponsive. I just did the hard reset (probably out of habit due to P fo D) lol. So far I've had no issues presently *fingers/eyes/toes* crossed after last hard reset.

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Also glad to have a 925 and finally have cyan. It seems to have fixed my issue with the right channel going out while using headphones, which would happen every 2-3 days.

arborite

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I got the Cyan update, and decided to enroll in Preview for Developers right after that, for any new updates, and it had all the good features like being able to select multiple text messages or calls to delete in a batch.

However, it was killing my battery. :unhappy:
I stopped doing Preview for Developers and factory reset the phone and re-updated up to Cyan, and I can't select multiple texts or calls for deletion anymore.

Is this just how 8.1/Cyan is for the T-mobile 925?
I have the Preview on my 521, and it still has though features.

If you know how to select multiple texts for deletion, please let me know how!

arborite

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20141109_0001 (1).jpgwp_ss_20141109_0001.jpg

On the 925, there isn't an option to select messages, which my 521, updated on Preview for Developers, does have. When the 925 was on Preview, it had the option. I did a full reset again, and restored my phone from a back up, and no luck. I also can't select calls to delete. It's not the end of the world, but it's a bummer, because I actually use those features a lot to reduce the clutter. Any idea on how to get those features without going to Preview for Developers again on the 925? The battery drain is not worth it.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
On the 925, there isn't an option to select messages, ....

That's a weird one.
Would the "switch number" option have something to do with this?
I don't remember ever seeing that there.

I'm wondering if installing sysapp pusher and using it to check for updates might straighten out the messaging app?

I tried fiddling with messaging options under settings/applications.
No matter what I did the option to select was always there.

Like to figure this out for you...hopefully one of our members in the know will help here.
Making a plea to the WC community for help!

arborite

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey, thanks, Guytronic! I tried to go through SysApp Pusher, like you suggested, but there wasn't anything for the messaging app. The switch number feature allows me to switch to another one of the contact's number, but it doesn't help with the multiple message selection. Wonder what the deal is; I would love to find a solution!

arborite

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My OS version is 8.10.12400.899. I think when I was on Preview for Developers I had the .280 OS version. Since I rolled back from Preview and upgraded via T-Mobile, it's been .899, and even though I keep looking for Phone Updates, I am always told that my phone is up to date. I wonder if something went wrong when I used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, though everything worked as it was supposed to. Hmm. EDIT: is the .280 OS version the Windows Phone 8.1 update 1? Since I'm only rolling with the T-mobile updates, and not the Preview for Developers anymore, maybe that's why I'm not getting all the features that my 521, which is still on Preview, has. The 521 is on the .280 OS. I guess I might just have to be patient and wait for T-mobile to roll out Update 1.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...
.899 is definitely the past version.

Wish I could say if the selection option was there on the older version.
Unfortunately I never had a reason to check.

As a reminder my device was on the DP when T-Mo finally let the update loose.
Can't imagine the DP would have made a difference here.

Very confounding...

NiteCourt

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine is OS version 8.10.12400.899 I also had the preview, got cyan, had issues, did the recovery tool and then all the updates.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess I might just have to be patient and wait for T-mobile to roll out Update 1

It just hit me!

After re-reading you had mentioned that you weren't able to select contacts either.
I was wondering if all the un-selectable messages and contacts could be on the SIM in your 925?

wp_ss_20141111_0001[1].png

Are you able to import contacts from the SIM to the phone's account?

I thought of this because I don't have the selection option on my 635.
With the 635 I used "transfer files" to move contacts.
I was thinking contacts were moved to my SIM versus "homebuilt" contacts saved to the phone.

Just a thought for the sake of troubleshooting.

arborite

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine is OS version 8.10.12400.899 I also had the preview, got cyan, had issues, did the recovery tool and then all the updates.

Are you able to select multiple texts for deletion? It seems that we did the same things to our phones, so maybe my inability to do that isn't a weid defect on my phone, but part of rolling back from preview?

NiteCourt

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you able to select multiple texts for deletion? It seems that we did the same things to our phones, so maybe my inability to do that isn't a weid defect on my phone, but part of rolling back from preview?

Sorry, just saw this reply.

In a thread I can not select multiple texts for deletion. I can long press on each individually to delete.
I am able to select multiple threads for deletion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs