Less than 24 hours and possible burn-in

stprime

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

So I decided to make the jump from Android to WP and bought a brand new Lumia 925 the other day. The phone literally has less than 24 hours. I was messing around with some apps and noticed something weird on my screen while an app was loading and the display was black. There were a few weird spots on my screen.

I thought about recreating the scenario to look at the problem more carefully, but I couldn't find an app which allowed me to display a solid color (black) full screen, so I turned the lights off in my room and took a photo at ISO 100(to minimize noise) and 1/16000 shutter speed to get as close to black as possible due to underexposure.

I've attached 2 photos of the phone's display. The first one is with lights on in my room (and there isn't anything visible on the screen), and the second one is in pitch black where you can clearly see the marks (I had to shoot at 12800 ISO on my DSLR which is why there is a green tint).

It looks like a few spots of the display are suffering from burn-in. I find that hard to believe since the phone is brand new and I haven't stressed the display at all.

Does anyone have any advice/experience with this?

Attachments

• IMGP2131.JPG
    IMGP2131.JPG
    688.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP2127.JPG
    IMGP2127.JPG
    545.3 KB · Views: 17

stprime

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. I added a third photo with glance. Sorry for the poor focus. Again the ISO is very high because it's difficult to spot these.

If it's a common artifact can somebody have a quick look at their 925 and see if this happens? The only way it's noticeable is to have screen at full brightness, the surrounding area to be completely dark and to have glance on your screen, and it's still very difficult to spot. I really like the phone and this doesn't bother me because like I've described previously, it's very difficult to recreate the conditions for this issue to become visible. I am worried however that it might become a bigger issue in the future.

I might send this back for a replacement though.

Attachments

• IMGP2139.JPG
    IMGP2139.JPG
    605.5 KB · Views: 19

uNiiique

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Im having these spots to. Noticed them instanty as i was getting the phone. I dont really mind them cause u dont see tgem when there are collors on the screen. I just forgot about them until i saw your post.

stprime

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I saw a different thread with this issue and a few searches on xda and samsung phones have this problem as well. I guess I won't return the phone.

I wasn't expecting such prompt replies. Thanks!

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its there on all 1020. Nothing major unless you are particular about viewing the dark screen in dark room (IMO actually no one cares normally about it).

BBDemetria

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I have this issue with my 925, but its not really an issue because the burn in isn't permanent. When I did my initial looking around, I found that this is normal for the screen on the 925, and if people deny this as a widespread issue they are either ignorant or lucky.