SMS backup problem

illyc

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this should be in the WP8.1 forum, so please move if so.

I've noticed my SMS backups are receiving errors in Outlook. I'm getting the following message on MOST of my SMSs:

It looks like this message got moved in another program (like Outlook). If you didn't move it yourself, try checking the program's anti-spam settings.

anybody have this issue? never noticed such an issue before today - something to do with 8.1?

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I had this problems few times ago.
I didn't find any solution to get it solved :/ Sometimes SMS backup will work, sometimes not. It can help to for syncing of your outlook account in settings.

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I've just switched to Lumia 830 from my Lumia920 and had a backup on my old phone with SMS included.

I've restored the backup in the new Phone, everything came back but the SMS s. Tranfer my data app only restores contacts, too.

What could be the reason? And any idea how to transfer my Sms without another hard reset? Is there any way to manually upload the messages from old,phone to the new one, for instances?

Edit: It seems like SMS,backup goes only via Wi-Fi. I've noticed,it started to download old SMSs once my,phone,was connected via wifi. Not sure why it doesn't work out on cellular.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3