How do I get older text messages to backup on my Lumia 925?

Caitlyn Dimock

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Text message backup on Lumia 925

I am transferring from HTC 8X to a LUMIA 925. When transferring to my HTC 8X all my text messages were instantly there. While transferring form HTC 8X to LUMIA 925, I changed the message setting to back up ON and download messages is set to ANY TIME. Right now they are only backed up through end of July. How can I get the ones from before July? I need them starting December, so about 11 1/2 months worth.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Text message backup on Lumia 925

I would give it a little bit of time first, I found changing from past month to any time wasn't an instantaneous download.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

How do I do a soft reset?

On the 925:
Hold the volume down along with the middle (off) button together for about ten seconds until the screen flickers to black.
Let go of the buttons you get the start up vibrate and the phone will start to reboot or "soft reset"

The lock screen will slide down and say slide to turn off and the volume will go to vibrate when you do this.
Ignore those actions and keep the buttons pressed together till the screen goes off.

Caitlyn Dimock

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

So I did that and nothing changed. So a did a factory reset on it. Now it has text from September 2013, just that month. And then texts from the past two months. There is a lot missing in-between. Will those come through that are missing?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Will those come through that are missing?

I will say yes.
Check the phones date and time to be sure it updated correctly.
If all the texts were backed up from the previous phone they should show up.

I hard reset recently then had my previous text conversations magically show up again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes