Lumia 925 lock /unlock not working

Sunil Patil2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 925 is acting strange since morning. The power button is not working only for lock/unlock, though it is working for other features like shutdown, restart, screenshot etc.
Also battery saver is not showing exact percentage or any other data abt battery. Third party battery apps are showing blank.
I soft reset the phone twice, it will temporarily solve the problem, but issue resumes after few hours. On top of this, backup option in settings is always failing to backup the content.
I am afraid of hard reset, as I don't want to lose data + apps. Can anyone suggest alternative method?
(I heard in some other thread that software recovery tool is not supported for 925)

Sunil Patil2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeah Aniket, I gotta know. So I think I have to try hard reset? Is that the only option, or any other solutions available? I don't wish to lose the whole data plus apps installed.

wahome

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I started experiencing the same problem today, the power button will not work for putting the phone into lock but a long hold will bring the option to power off the device. When the screen times out as per the timeout settings, the power button will not bring it back on. I managed to get the screen light up but attaching it to a power source. I am still hearing the notifications come through when the screen is blank. I am worried that I might have to do a reset. Another thing I noticed is previously when I took it off the charger, the charging icon continued to indicate that it was still connected to a power source.

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having same issue on 1020, also installed thechive app, was thinking it might be tied to the gestures beta app uninstalling both, hard reseting it, betting it will be hooked up to recovery later tonight though

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalled thechive app and did a volume down/ power/ camera button restart and right as rain!
Best app ever my ***.
Nm, gotta plug it in and reload it, its back! Wth chive? Better yet, wth m$ for approving this pos

Last edited:

Aditya Kanitkar

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having same problem with my 925... Had installed theChive app.. Then started facing issues.. Please suggest a solution other than hard reset... :(

Louise Jameson

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi. For anyone else that has this problem but nothing to do with a new app...
Hold vol down, power and camera buttons down until it vibrates (like the soft reset of vol up and power) no data is lost and that seems to have fixed the problem for me. *fingers crossed* 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills