A phone that compares to the 925?

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site
925 is certainly a flawless WP and would have been a major hit only if it had come with expandable memory :(

520 - major seller on lower-end
925 - major seller on high-end (would have) :(

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my gloss white 920 & broke the proximity sensor a few months ago & replaced it with the special edition Vodafone UK 32gb 925. Similar specs to the 920 but I find it easier to hold as it's slightly smaller but have learnt my lesson & now have it in a silicon cover just in case I get clumsy again.

As for a replacement for the 925 there's nothing I fancy at the moment as most of the top end range are too big for my liking.

Nigel Cooper

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I've currently got an 820 and just toying with upgrading to a 925, now they are cheaper and available 2nd hand. But I have noticed the 830 as a possible, although not as light and wondering if 5" is too big!

I've been very pleased with the 820's camera, so not sure if I need the 10mp's on the 830.

Watching Videos on the train would be the main attraction.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey there everyone!
I've been wondering as of late if there is a Windows phone that actually beats the Lumia 925 all round.
I realize the internal memory is low as a standard and the processor is dated.

The 925 I have is performing in the upper reaches of flawless lately.
I have another smartphone on a different OS with a 20 mp camera with gobs of ram and a processor that doesn't seem to serve as well as the 925.

I know we all want or need top of the heap.
A second look at my 925 is leaving me wondering why we have to have more?

If you like me have big hands and don't mind big phones. The one you are looking for is the 1520 if not stick with your 925.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 920 since June of 2013 but till this day I think the 925 is the best looking Windows phone design that Nokia released. Daniel was right on when he said in an article last year that a successor to that design is needed. Or something like that.

If the 925 had built in Qi wireless like the 920 and storage was at least 32 GB, I would have picked one up a long time ago!

I had the chance to play around with the LG G3 recently and I think it has a great design. It was thin and light and the curved beveled edges reminded me of the 925. I'd love a successor to the 920/925 with a design like the G3. 5.5" screen, 32 GB internal storage, SD card, removable back and battery, 3 GB ram, big camera, etc..

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I agree. The 925 is lovely. I have moved on to a 930 but I still swap the sim out every now and then to give my 925 a run out. I actually love it with the charging shell on (I got red and yellow) - just feels 'right' in my hand. Nothing else has beats that yet. 930 is great too and performance is awesome it just doesn't feel as good in hand.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well TBH I haven't found a single WP as complete as the 920, one of the best made so far. I like the 920's form factor and build quality better than the 925. Why? Because it never ages. Minor scuffs and marks are clearly visible on the metallic sides of the 925 while on the 920..pfff. A better phone would have been the 925 w/ built in wireless charging and 32 GB internal then yeah...may be..it could have bested the 920 but that ain't happening. IMO the 920 should take the best overall device award for now :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Had a few people ask about the 925 recently.
Folks who see and hold the phone are somewhat positively surprised by the design and size.
Kind of strange how many people who dare to comment think it's a Samsung.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 925 intending to Jump! after 6 months to something newer, better, faster... I've had it over a year now, and the only device I would even consider right now, is the M8-Windows, but I just can't justify the cost compared to the 925. It's still solid, fast enough, I have a case on it, so it's not all scuffed up.

I use Glance pretty heavily, so a 930 as an upgrade isn't really good (plus it's not t-mobile wifi compatible), and the m8 I'm still not convinced about the camera, especially with lack of shutter button.

anon(6098928)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Z1/Z1s does have a fantastic camera. Even though I use a LUmia 930 now, I do miss the image quality produced by the fantastic Sony sensor. Aport from that, the rest of the phone, ie: Android, was rubbish.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I know that feel. I absolutely love my 925. I got it last year and it was either this or the 920, and I opted to sacrifice the memory and durability for looks and the AMOLED display. This phone is perfection. It seems a little slower now with 8.1 but if MS resolves the resuming and loading screens it will be great once again. It does everything I need.

I don't want the 930 because of the usual complaints of battery life and heating (and it's generally hot where I live) so it seems like a bad idea to me, even though I'm sure the display and camera are great.

I'm not sure about the 830 either. While it's the only Lumia that matches the 925 in terms of looks and design, I'm wary about the camera. It has a smaller sensor AND more MP than 925, so it seems a step downwards for me.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Bumping because:

We were at dinner this evening and a girl at the bar was asking about my phone.
My beloved surprisingly started off about my 925 as my "real wife" :winktongue:

I had to inform the attractive gal that the phone I had would probably be hard to get.
Really didn't want to go on and on much looking like a screwball nerd-o...

Hopefully this was the beginning of a new Microsoft relationship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon