Lumia Cyan/Denim Crisis

Suwadith

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Well I have a Lumia 925. I am a developer preview member as well. I live in Sri Lanka. But I have set the region and all other stuffs to United States so I can use Cortana.

Today I saw that Lumia 925 grabbed the Denim update in India. So I was going through to check weather I'll get the update as well. As you all know only T-Mobile has given denim update in the US. But still since India got the update I changed only my region back to India and gave an update check but it gave me a server crash error. As soon as I read that I should turn off preview fro developer app I did that and gave a update check that retired as stating that the phone is up to date. But after turning the developer for preview app extras + info app started to show that my mobile is spread running on Denim. But the OS build or the firmware version was still the cyan one. And when I turned the preview app back on, it rolled back and showed that my phone is still on cyan.

It's clearly not Denim since the firmware is the same. Will I be able to get the update in near future? Or is this an issue? Please help.

Suwadith

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah I know that it was listed there. So changing the region won't change the updates. But still my friend got Denim update on his Lumia 1020. That was legit. Under my country's listing Lumia 1020 still runs in cyan. How do you explain it then?

Suwadith

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
are you sure he brought the 1020 from your country itself ?
did he flash another ROM ?
​it might be the extras + info bug

I personally bought it for him. He didn't flash. I gave an update check and then the update came up. I just hit update and it when it was all done it just became denim. Since you've asked for it I may will have to check the firmware number.

Suwadith

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I personally bought it for him. He didn't flash. I gave an update check and then the update came up. I just hit update and it when it was all done it just became denim. Since you've asked for it I may will have to check the firmware number.

Yup that is denim. Firmware version/Core build ID: 3051.500009.1451.10458

Note: My Lumia 925 was made in Brazil, his Lumia 1020 was made in Germany. Can that be the case? Sri Lanka doesn't produce Nokia. But they resell via the original company here.

Suwadith

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Not where its made ... You would have to check the product code to find out which variant it is..
Updates depend only on product codes

Yup just found the reason. His German Lumia 1020 country variant version has denim update. My Lumia 925 Brazil country variant version is still on cyan. That's the issue. Hope that they will release the update soon. For noobs: Country variant means a phone which is made by a certain country and it's SIM is unlocked. Most of the Asian countries get country variant mobiles since they don't have the original manufacturing company there. So keep a close eye on the OS list that Microsoft updates regularly.
Thanks for the support guys.

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Suwadith just to clarify
Country variant is not where the phone is made, in general most phones are made in China.
Country variants are non-carrier phones, SIM unlocked, with a general version of the device firmware with some features or apps and other network changes specific to the country it is sold in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3