anyone tried Windows 10 mobile build 10149 on Lumia 925

Elton Mbofana

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
i am currently considering installing the build 10149 on my Lumia 925. Anyone who has installed this build on the lumia 925? Just want to know how it is performing! this is my primary driver cell phone and i cant wait any longer, i am curious!!

regards

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I installed this on my 920 and while it's still buggy and battery life is a bit shorter than you'd get normally, it's still fairly quick and stable. Good enough for you to dive into W10 with!

If you do install it, make sure you perform a hard reset and start afresh for maximum stability.

jfivieght

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ever see those scary movies when the phone runs out of battery? Welcome to 10149 on L925.

Installed last night. No hard reset. It runs ok, its not too laggy or fast, I would describe it as sticky. Some things open easily while other things take a while longer than on 8.1. Shut off glance, no point since it does not really work.

Microsoft's Camera opens pretty quickly about 3-5 secs from phone off to photo (Lumia Camera is gone). Can't speak to quality; depends on personal preference.

Start screen looks nice, something new to look at but no new functions; just customization. A lot of my live tiles are not showing and the flip animations are gone on most apps. There is a snap when scrolling down, not sure if this is intended but kind of takes getting used to.

Edge has issues with pinned websites. I don't see a loading status indicator when a website is loading, a bit odd.

Office is gone, just word, excel and powerpoint independent apps that you have to download. Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar look good.

Battery drain is significant. May be linked to AMOled or background tasks.

You can run it on your daily driver with some OS annoyances but make sure you don't get stuck in the woods without a charger. I'll give it till the weekend before going back to 8.1.

WINDOWS 10 MOBILE = SAVE $ 4 NEW PHONE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6