AT&T Lumia 925 had an update today

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I did the update thing and am now in a loop. The gears run for several minutes, then shuts off, the ATT logo screen then appears, sometimes with a black line through the world logo, and then the Nokia screen, then the gears once again. Has been doing this for over 2 hours. If the phone is unplugged, the gears do their thing, the phone shuts off and stays off. I've attempted to do a hard reset, holding the bottom of the volume key rocker and the power switch, but this just causes the phone to go through the described cycles. Not sure what to do next. HELP PLEASE!!!1

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Had to resort to Nokia Software Recovery Tool. As the tool was working, the phone continued to cycle as described above, prompting the Recovery tool to state many times to connect only one phone to the computer....
The phone update setting indicates an update is available. Of course I am quite reluctant to retry.
Has anyone else using Windows Inside or Preview for Developers attempted to use this update on their 925?

carloslmg

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. I was in Preview for Developers program and WP 8.1. After an update my phone showed the same symptoms as you described, only difference mine is an unlocked device. After several tries my phone was finally recognized by Windows Phone Recovery Tool and in second attempt (first one failed), it installed correctly. Of course, I lost all information, but it is working again.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Last night I bit the bullet and did the update thing again. It updated 4 times, took several hours, but all is well. All I lost were the pics on the phone, but I have them on Onedrive, so are still available. I had already removed my music to make room for an Asphalt 8 Airborne update (16 GB limit sucks), thus no music lost either. Even the Asphalt data was available to be re-updated!
So...if you try again, let me know how it goes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte