Going back to 8.1 from Insider Preview

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm going back to 8.1 from the Insider Preview, what do I do so that I go back to 8.1.2 which I had before? Is there some specific way to update to secure that version? I know that carriers aren't sending it.

If anyone can help, thank you very much!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That is the normal restore process. But unlike the ota update the flash with the tool only takes a few minutes. It's shockingly fast.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
That is the normal restore process. But unlike the ota update the flash with the tool only takes a few minutes. It's shockingly fast.
Sorry, I don't understand. I'm asking when I restore a backup how long does it take to set the start screen back the way it was in that backup? Not sure what your reply is answering.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, just meant it wasn't any different than any other restore. It really depends on the number of apps and other data. It could be anywhere from a few minutes to a couple hours.

However, the phone will be usable right away. There isn't any of that migrating that happens on an update.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, just meant it wasn't any different than any other restore. It really depends on the number of apps and other data. It could be anywhere from a few minutes to a couple hours.

However, the phone will be usable right away. There isn't any of that migrating that happens on an update.
I ended up having to go to a hard reset and another backup. That other one was going on about 6 hours and not restoring my start screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6