Cortana Not listening to me, No sound on video recording etc.

Michael Carrillo

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi Folks,

My Lumia 925 rebooted about a week or so ago, during the night, I suspect it was a software update, but since then, I cannot talk to Cortana, (or rather, she isn't listening to me) Nor does my Video recording have any sound on it.

Am I the only one with this issue ?

Cheers

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It does look like a bad OS update. Have you tried soft-resetting your phone? If that doesn't work then a hard reset is imminent before concluding it as a hardware failure.

Xpress0705

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
This is a hardware failure of the MIC and USB flex. Mine also got the same problem. Purchase another one on either eBay or Amazon + necessary tools to disassemble the phone to solve the issue.

It is fairly easy if you follow video tutorials of dis-assembly of the Lumia 925. Should be a 30 mins job. :smile:

Michael Carrillo

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I decided to bite the bullet about 1 week after my original post and replace the MIC/USB/Headphone jack assembly. A replacement for which I picked up on ebay for ?5.99 (UKP) including Free postage. Found an excellent Video on Youtube which took me through the process, while I was at it, I replaced the battery as mine was running out of charge way too fast, again that cost me ?11 UKP plus postage. Followed the video, replaced both items, put it all back together again and I am happy to say my Lumia 925 is as good as new.

Mind you that battery was a real pig to replace, talk about stuck down well, took ages to gently remove. The other bit was a doddle.

I can fix Lumia 925's now ;-)

Still, not bad for about ?18 UKP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes