L925 is not suited for W10M

Gustavo Sanchez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Updated to W10 several times, but the battery life is much worse than when running W8.1. I am resigned that if I want the best overall experience with my 925, I need to stay with W8.1.

Laurence_Leong

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I using window 10 for my Lumia 925 too. I'm still OK with the battery life (now need to carry a power bank with me).
I don't think I will go back to Window 8.1 anymore.
?I'm get used to quick menu from sliding down from top screen.
?Full background instead of tile background
?Now can select any apps to run in background with battery saver is on. (previously only selective app have the option to do it)
?Office for mobile is much much better
*I'm not a heavy user, still can accept the battery life.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset after installing w10m and not restoring backups. That will help alot.

I am now getting about the same as w8.1 with the latest build after a hard reset on my 920.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
^^ this!

I had a 925 for a couple of weeks running 10586.11 and it ran pretty well. No major hiccups and battery life was decent until I started using Edge. I'm pretty sure, .29 and .36 might have only improved the experience. I was running it on a T-Mobile unbranded Denim ROM, updated to WM10 followed by a hard reset, setting up the phone, installing all app updates...and I was all set. Hard reset and upgrading directly from stock 8.1 w/ Denim firmware did make performance better.

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
A friend of mine had one of the previous builds on his Lumia 925 too and he, too, had not only bad battery life but also some horrible lag. He reverted to WP 8.1.

I had the exact same issues on my Lumia 930 with the latest .36 build. I reverted back to 8.1, spent some time on it and finally decided to give Windows 10 another shot.
The lag is gone now, everything runs almost as smoothly as on 8.1 but the battery life is still just ridiculous. I would even say that WP 8.1 had two times better battery life than the current build of W10.

I hope Microsoft can fix this as, at this point, it is my only complaint about windows 10 on mobile.

Edge is the most battery consuming app for me now with 50% battery consumption lol.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you guys updated to 10586.63 build? Installing it followed by a hard reset has improved overall performance for quite a few folks. Give it a shot.

Jean Claude Lopez

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Updated to W10 several times, but the battery life is much worse than when running W8.1. I am resigned that if I want the best overall experience with my 925, I need to stay with W8.1.

How do you even go back to 8.1? I just got a 925 which I'm updating to 8.1 and then going to update to 10.

Posted via the Windows Central App for NES

Walid Ali

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
For me .11 build was good overall, but immediately after updating to .29 and .36 it started having battery drain issues and heating. Sometimes i feel like my pants are on fire (lol) i get my phone out to see and nothing is happening anyways reverted back until the heating and battery drain are resolved otherwise the speed and functionality were not a problem at all. Hope they fix the slow dialer and phantom scrolling messaging app as well.
Oh btw have tried soft reset, hard reset nothing works.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is fine on my 930 with latest build (was fine with last two builds as well). Hard reset as others have said makes for a much better experience.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Battery life 920/925 on W8 was poor when carrier signal is poor, if you're on wifi/BT/GPS. It improved on 8.1/Denim and now even better on W10 (.63, hard reset, no restore from backup) Of course, the batteries itself on these phones are >2?-3years old.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Obviously when you first install Win10M, it downloads a huge no. of updates and so gets quite warm and runs the battery down considerably faster than normal. When these updates are done, it settles down to normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon