Lumia 925 (Win8.1) Updating to Win10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 925 (Win8.1) Updation to Win10

Hi,

I have Lumia 925 and after installing Windows Insider I selected appropriate option and the phone rebooted.

When I tried searching for updated (Settings > Phone Update) it says my OS (Win8.1 - Denim) is already updated :(

I've uninstalled and re-installed Windows Insider to see if it makes any difference but it didn't. Please help.

Actually the reason behind updating is that in my current OS there is no option to change from 2G to 3G and so my phone is stuck in 3G and is eating up battery very quickly.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 (Win8.1) Updation to Win10

With regard to the Windows Insider problem.
What ring are you selecting?
You need to select 'release preview' ring on a Lumia 925 to get Win10M build .164.

MaxLo

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
it seems that under the current version of the Insider app it is not possible to select rings / production for the 925. Just getting the message that there are no new builds, and there is a link for hardware requirements which leads to a website where only the devices eligible for redstone are listed. Does this mean that MS has stopped updating the 925/920 to W10 .164 production even via the Insider app?? Any other idea?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 (Win8.1) Updation to Win10

The 925, from what I can gather, is stuck with th2 10586. As this is no longer a 'preview' I would suggest that the phone is not included. There is still no 'official' update available, and although some blame MS for this, it is a Verizon problem. Any updates for the icon have to be signed off by them. The production preview was showing updates, but like you, you get the up to date message.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes