Lumia 925 not booting up after Software Upgrade

Piyush Gupta9

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 which has been working perfectly for past 2.5 years without any issues ever. On 11th September morning I saw the Nokia symbol on the phone screen (which generally comes up when the phone is booting up or if there is a software upgrade in progress) and assumed a software upgrade is in progress (the automatic software upgrade time is set as 3 AM on my phone). I left the phone as is, and after a while noticed the phone had a blank screen (looked like powered off). I tried booting up the phone but it doesn't seem to come up. I can only notice a single blink in the windows button at the bottom when trying to Power On the phone or trying to do a Soft Reset (Power button + Volume Down).
I took the phone to Nokia Care Center and they say that the phone's motherboard is gone and the phone is of no use anymore.

My phone was working perfectly till the night of 10th September before I went to sleep and the next morning it's motherboard was fried after a software upgrade, is this really possible?

I seriously need some help on this, not sure if this is some strategy to move Windows Phone Users away using an automated software upgrade.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, if the Nokia Care Center say the 'phone's motherboard is gone' then it is likely to be the case.
You could try a replacement battery from maybe eBay, but IMO you need to replace your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12