Is the Nokia Lumia 925 the 3rd best WP ever offered?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
No or Yes?
Got mine a year after release.
I paid about $285.00 USD for a T-Mo version.

I've always wondered why it didn't sell better among Windows Phone fans early on.
Maybe the 930 was the downfall.

Still the 925 is the leader as far as style.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
3rd best?

What would you place as second best?

The 1020?

Presuming your list goes like this 920, 1020 and 925 :winktongue:

Joking aside, personally I prefer the 920 and that is primarily down to the fact without looking at the screen and closer inspection it looks pretty much brand new despite it being kicked down a flight of concrete train station stairs.

That £1 tpu gel casing is the best £1 I ever spent LOL!

That compared to my 930?....

I dropped it so many times and it shows as the aluminium bezel is damaged beyond repair.

Certain places you can see it bubble and contort pushing the screen and back cover away from the device. Not to mention the amount of times I've dropped the phone and it turned off completely. I bought the L930 for £80 so I am not really too fussed, compared to the half a grand a put down on the 920 at launch. Say what you will, the lack of demand really swung in my favour here :wink:.

No, I'm not in the habit of dropping my phones haha as much as that it sounds like I am.

My 920 on the other hand is a tank, my left toe can attest to that! :grincry:

So my list would really go 920 and 925, no third or fourth :grin:.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
What would you place as second best?

Mmmm...
I was going off the other 2 recent threads about best phones.
You know the 1020 one then the 1520 thread.

Always kind of thought the 925 was a departure in the middle of the monoblock design popularity.
As a classic the old 925 still has a few fans hanging around I think.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Mmmm...
I was going off the other 2 recent threads about best phones.
You know the 1020 one then the 1520 thread.

Always kind of thought the 925 was a departure in the middle of the monoblock design popularity.
As a classic the old 925 still has a few fans hanging around I think.

True, I supposed one could mistake brightly coloured monoblock phones as "candy bars" :grincry:.

I always wondered why did they have to half the storage on the 925... unless it was done to offer the vodafone exclusive with 32 gigs. Similarily how they were offering the 64 gig model as an O2 exclusive.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
@TechFreak1 (Just for the sake of mention)

I always wondered why did they have to half the storage on the 925...

That is a good question.
Did the L925's sell better in European areas?

I had never really paid attention to it until it started showing up on-line for 2-3rds it's original price.
A few of us here jumped on the closeout US pricing.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
@TechFreak1 (Just for the sake of mention)

That is a good question.
Did the L925's sell better in European areas?

I had never really paid attention to it until it started showing up on-line for 2-3rds it's original price.
A few of us here jumped on the closeout US pricing.

@Guytronic (ditto :winktongue:)

It actually did sell pretty well, I saw alot of 920's, 925's and 1020... really hard to miss a) all those colourful 920s b) the 925's were somewhat unique in terms of design c)You're definitely going to notice that trademark yellow with the ridiculous camera bump of the 1020 miles away :winktongue:.

The Lumia's definitely saw alot of traction in the european markets as to most people Nokia's brand was synonymous for Quality and most areas of the world that mindset still true. I'm not going to dwelve into marketshare numbers lest I start typing a novel here lol...

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
@Guytronic (ditto :winktongue:)

It actually did sell pretty well, I saw alot of 920's, 925's and 1020... really hard to miss a) all those colourful 920s b) the 925's were somewhat unique in terms of design c)You're definitely going to notice that trademark yellow with the ridiculous camera bump of the 1020 miles away :winktongue:.

The Lumia's definitely saw alot of traction in the european markets as to most people Nokia's brand was synonymous for Quality and most areas of the world that mindset still true. I'm not going to dwelve into marketshare numbers lest I start typing a novel here lol...

Awww..
Novels are good to read.

I'd dare to say a stylish phone would have been aimed at Europe actually.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm still using mine as a backup with T-Mobile Digits program. It's nice to have two phones using the same number without swapping SIM's. I still enjoy my 925 and it was a pretty solid piece of hardware with the exception of the creaking back. It's still going strong after over three years of use.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using mine as a backup with T-Mobile Digits program. It's nice to have two phones using the same number without swapping SIM's. I still enjoy my 925 and it was a pretty solid piece of hardware with the exception of the creaking back. It's still going strong after over three years of use.

I can imagine how handy it must be not to switch sims.. I use my L920 as a back up when I'm at home but given the sim differences I can't take all calls on it (L920= Micro Sim, L930 = Nano Sim). However I'd rather not give out my back up number to everyone. Otherwise I'd never be able to sleep a wink :grincry:.

The beauty of internet connected services suchas fb messenger (no longer use it as much) and skype is that I don't have to rely on a number and just log in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers