how to unbrick my lumia 925?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

hi when I charged my phone after 2 hours my phone didn't work (no vibre,no hard reset , no soft reset) just I connect my phone to the laptop show QHusb-DLoad
I searched in the web and find a way for brick phone but doesn't work it and middle of installation shows Error 0*80070002 ( I try to install the software in other pc with different os but dont success)
in other hand I try to use Windows device recovery tool but unfortunately this software doesn't support lumia 925.... now what can I do?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced this before, you need a factory cable.

Do you still have a the original usb cable that came with your phone?

If not to get hold of a factory cable the simplest way would be to purchases the original lumia 925 charger, with the cable seperating into two parts - the plug and cable. Or a Microsoft Lumia branded charger, although my personal experience with these has been hit and miss so your mileage will vary.

The other solution would be to go into your device manager and go into the power management of your USB controllers and turn off "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for all usb hubs (generic usb hub, usb root hub, usb root hub (xhci) etc).

The other alternative would be to use the original usb cables that came with any other smartphones that support mini usb (basically any smartphone from the past 3 years or so) as more often than not these are also factory cables.

[INFO]Lastly please do not double post.

I will merge your other threads to this one to consolidate them.[/INFO]

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Amin Emamian

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi, when I charged my phone after 2 hours my phone didn't work (no vibre,no hard reset , no soft reset) just I connect my phone to the laptop show Qhusb-DLoad
I searched in the web and find a way for brick phone without jtag by widows phone recovery tools(I download latest version 6.03.53) but doesn't work it and middle of installation shows Error 0*80070002 ( I try to install the software in other pc with different os but dont success)It seems the software corrupted .
in other hand I try to use Windows device recovery tool but unfortunately this software doesn't support lumia 925.... now what can I do?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, when I charged my phone after 2 hours my phone didn't work (no vibre,no hard reset , no soft reset) just I connect my phone to the laptop show Qhusb-DLoad
I searched in the web and find a way for brick phone without jtag by widows phone recovery tools(I download latest version 6.03.53) but doesn't work it and middle of installation shows Error 0*80070002 ( I try to install the software in other pc with different os but dont success)It seems the software corrupted .

Hi Amin, thanks for the PM. I have merged your threads together so it goes a little way to tidying up the forum.

The windows device recovery tool should work, I use it with my L920.

I have this issue with my L920 time to time, the trick is to do the following.

[INFO]Make sure you fully charge the device before you do anything![/INFO]

Load up windows device recovery tool, select my phone is not detected and immediately plug in the phone.

It should detect.

However if it doesn't, repeat the process but this time do a soft reset, it takes alot of finnese but it works.

Last option is get into the bootloader and this is where you need a factory cable if you use any other cable you might occur a blue screen of death.

To get into the bootloader, soft reset and hold the volume up button just as it vibrates or a 1-2 seconds after it vibrates then hold until you see the large Nokia logo ontop of the screen. You are now in the boot loader

Now open up windows device recovery tool, click my phone is not detected and just as the circle is about to finish, plug in your phone and it should work.

I hope this helps :).

latelammas

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi Amin, thanks for the PM. I have merged your threads together so it goes a little way to tidying up the forum.

The windows device recovery tool should work, I use it with my L920.

I have this issue with my L920 time to time, the trick is to do the following.

[INFO]Make sure you fully charge the device before you do anything![/INFO]

Load up windows device recovery tool, select my phone is not detected and immediately plug in the phone.

It should detect.

However if it doesn't, repeat the process but this time do a soft reset, it takes alot of finnese but it works.

Last option is get into the bootloader and this is where you need a factory cable if you use any other cable you might occur a blue screen of death.

To get into the bootloader, soft reset and hold the volume up button just as it vibrates or a 1-2 seconds after it vibrates then hold until you see the large Nokia logo ontop of the screen. You are now in the boot loader

Now open up windows device recovery tool, click my phone is not detected and just as the circle is about to finish, plug in your phone and it should work.

I hope this helps :).

Will you lose your personal data by doing this? Or is there anyway to restore data from lumia which shows up only as QHUSB DLOAD-device.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Will you lose your personal data by doing this? Or is there anyway to restore data from lumia which shows up only as QHUSB DLOAD-device.

Yes, you would lose all the data on the device if it is stuck in a boot loop since there is no proper sync client where you could grab all your data off. For example with the older blackberry devices, if you took the battery out and connected the usb cable and used total commander (the win32 version) you could grab all your information off the device.

Unfortunately with Windows phone you do not have that option as it depends on your computer detecting your phone properly and enabling you to access it via file explorer. You maybe able to access the device if it's in the bootloader however for my recollection that only worked once before the first GDR update. But there is that slim chance but most likely all data will be lost as the rom re-flash completely wipes out your phone except the bootloader.

If your phone turns on and you can navigate then I would recommend downloading a file manager from the store and then moving everything onto one drive. Open up onedrive via the browser and move all your data off one drive that way - it's a slow and clunky process but that is your only other alternative if your phone doesn't support msd cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss