Cousin Switching to Verizon- Samsung Galaxy S4 or Nokia Lumia 928?

lgdlman

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
There have been a number of articles already covering the 928 and all indicate it will be available next month. No telling when the S4 will be available.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The 928 better come to Verizon before the S4, or the 928 won't show much in the store when it is available. If it comes out before the S4, it will get some spotlight.

anon(19759)

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted galaxy s3 on Verizon and absolutely love it. There are four devices I am considering for my next phone. The 928, the s4, the HTC one (whatever it may be called on verizon) and the blackberry q10. Going to give each a fair shake, as I really believe they each will have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The eye scrolling feature and "octa" core CPU seems a bit gimmicky to me. I'd look at it from the point of apps and e-*****. For now the app market remains quite a bit larger for Android, and the specs on the S4 are bound to one-up everyone but a few Nokia phones. Personally I enjoying using WP8, and the only app I feel I am missing is an official Steam app.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 928. I don't know why anyone would want a Samsung, period. They're crap quality and Android is a battery hog and will bring you nothing but grief. WP8 is so smooth and fast and has a gorgeous UI.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you seen this camera comparison, Lumia 920 vs. Galaxy S4 ... yes, it is Lumia 920, so I think that Lumia 928 camera, video and audio will beat Galaxy S4 easily ...

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Nokia Lumia 920 Camera Comparison | TechnoBuffalo

Galaxy S4 16 Gb has only 9 Gb free for apps,etc. - and no installation of apps to SD card any longer (he should consider 32 Gb model of S4, but it is more expensive)

Galaxy S4 has some problems with over heating ... I suggest him testing it first (a powerful CPU is not always a good thing) and yes, the lags are still there, even they have a such powerful CPU ...

Honestly, if Galaxy S3 is clearly cheaper as Galaxy S4, then I would consider it instead of Galaxy S4 ...

Last edited:

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 928. I don't know why anyone would want a Samsung, period. They're crap quality and Android is a battery hog and will bring you nothing but grief. WP8 is so smooth and fast and has a gorgeous UI.
Android can actually be pretty decent when it comes to battery life, depending on which phone you get. I had a Droid RAZR M for a little while and it had absolutely no trouble making it through a whole day on a single charge, unless I was playing games for a few hours of the day. That said, I will be getting the 928 on Thursday as I have no desire to own an iPhone (sold my iPhone 5 earlier this week) or non-Nexus Android device (not likely on Verizon). The good thing for me is that I will be using my dad's upgrade since he just uses a cheap flip phone and I'll be eligible to do it all over again in October.

Chaleck

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Note 2 owner here. I'd prefer the 928 over the S4. The Note 2 is the only Samsung handset I like. The 920 & 928 are really beautiful pieces of hardware.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
He said he will see both the 928 and S4 in person, and will see what he likes. If they don't please him much, he will wait for the 5S, and other phones coming out around that time.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
He said he will see both the 928 and S4 in person, and will see what he likes. If they don't please him much, he will wait for the 5S, and other phones coming out around that time.

Seeing that he has a buggy Evo 3D, there's no way I could imagine myself waiting another year to see what was coming out. I'm guessing he'll like one or the other enough to upgrade.

Rishabh1995

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to check out the S4 and so I went to the Samsung store yesterday. There were three S4s on display so I picked up one and started trying it. First impression was good and bad. While I loved the screen and the new home button (with the side capacitive buttons), I was very disappointed with the shabby build of the phone. The edges were made to look like metal (while they were plastic) and felt really cheap. Also, the weight of the device was disturbing. Yes, disturbing. It was so light I couldn't even feel that I was holding a phone in my hand. But your brother might just like this.

On the software part, I tried to open the camera from the main screen and the phone conked off. The Samsung guy told me that it had started updating (wtf so randomly?!) and gave me the second piece on display. So I again tried to open the camera app. While the camera app opened, the viewfinder never showed anything - it was plain black. So then I checked out the third device (*whew*) where the camera actually turned on. Although the picture quality was decent, there were lot of gimmicky features which the rep tried to sell to me but they were all really pointless (why would you want to spoil a perfectly good picture of someone with an tacky inset picture of yourself?) Other than the camera, the screen and the eye gestures didn't really seem to work well as the rep had to continuously switch the 'Smart eye' and 'Smart gesture' mode on and off.

Ultimately its the reliability and the polished experience that WP offers which wins my heart! I hope I helped you on this :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion