Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Decided I'm going to spring for the 822 after work today. Anyone want to change my mind and convince me to keep waiting for the 928?

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I was in your shoes as well, my upgrade has been up since January and I was just thinking of getting the 822. But I decided to just wait.

Just wait a little longer!
    Your almost there dude. If your somebody who likes the best of the best, its just right around the corner...
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts
    I'd wait for another 2 weeks at most - i have heard april 14th announcement (somewhere on these forums) - its def coming....just a case of WHEN.
    Now - does verizon offer any kind of return policy on phones if you dont like the 822?
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,296 Global Posts
    I've been off contract since AUGUST. I have an upgrade to burn. My Trophy is still working like a champ, but the charging port doesn't work anymore. I am going to wait till the end of the week, and if I do't hear SOMETHING, I'm getting an iPhone. :-(
    solid1120 likes this.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Penton View Post
    Decided I'm going to spring for the 822 after work today. Anyone want to change my mind and convince me to keep waiting for the 928?
    Several times over the past couple of weeks I almost switched to AT&T for the 920 but I'm holding out a little longer. I just hope it's worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jleebiker View Post
    I've been off contract since AUGUST. I have an upgrade to burn. My Trophy is still working like a champ, but the charging port doesn't work anymore. I am going to wait till the end of the week, and if I do't hear SOMETHING, I'm getting an iPhone. :-(
    Really? An iPhone? Isn't that like the old saying "cutting off your nose to spite your face"? Respectfully,and as someone who works with iOS devices and the mac OS X environment every day, don't get an iPhone.
    BTW, how are you off contract since August with a Trophy? Didn't that come out in May of 2011?
    Thanked by:
    bachone likes this.
    I'd wait. I think most sources are agreeing that it's coming out this month. I could upgrade since January, but decided to wait to save money, and because I heard of the laser. Every month I've thought about just upgrading anyways, but it should be here soon. I'm still getting by with a glitchy and slow Kin Onem. Funny thing is if the 928 doesn't come with a microSD, I'll probably go for the 822 anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by baaahthesheep View Post
    I'd wait. I think most sources are agreeing that it's coming out this month. I could upgrade since January, but decided to wait to save money, and because I heard of the laser. Every month I've thought about just upgrading anyways, but it should be here soon. I'm still getting by with a glitchy and slow Kin Onem. Funny thing is if the 928 doesn't come with a microSD, I'll probably go for the 822 anyways.
    why don't u just get the 822 off eBay for now they're running roughly $200 or so on there. I'm waiting as well I might just do that til the 928 comes

Almost all the rumors point to a late April release so it's worth waiting. If Verizon starts delaying things then I would say go with the 822.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    why don't u just get the 822 off eBay for now they're running roughly $200 or so on there. I'm waiting as well I might just do that til the 928 comes
    Because I can manage with my phone. Why buy another phone off ebay weeks before buying one on contract from Verizon?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    $200 on ebay you say? I may get one to hold me over. I've never bought a phone from ebay before. Will this mess with my upgrade at all or anything? I'm on a family plan and I have unlimited data currently.

Quote Originally Posted by All Hallows Eve View Post
    $200 on ebay you say? I may get one to hold me over. I've never bought a phone from ebay before. Will this mess with my upgrade at all or anything? I'm on a family plan and I have unlimited data currently.
    If you buy from eBay it will not affect your upgrade or anything! You would still be available for an upgrade at your usual time.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I paid full retail at a Verizon store for my 822. The only time I regret it is when I open up Xbox Music because it massively sucks compared to Zune, but that would be the case on any WP8, so yeah I'm happy with my 822 and the fact that I still have unlimited data. If I buy a 928, I'd do the same thing, because unlimited data is worth more to me than the $200 discount I'd get on a 928.
    Garth H
    Santa Clara, CA
    Nokia Lumia Icon on VZW (personal)
    HTC 8X (work phone also on VZW)

just wait till the end of the month because april is when it rumoured to be announced!!!

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I would just wait at this point. If its not out by the end of the month go with a 822 from eBay.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Granted a stay of execution. Went to the VZW store and they had sold out of all of their 822's over the weekend. Have to wait until the 6th for more to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by raul_junior View Post
    just wait till the end of the month because april is when it rumoured to be announced!!!
    I would agree with that since using the data sense I am constantly over 2GB of data not including my wifi

Man, I can't wait anymore. I want to get the WP8 but not until T-Mobile can figure out how to get me a decently working HD7.5 replacement (that I would then switch over to 7.8). On #6 in 1 1/2 years. Still, I love the phone, and it would be great to have as a backup. I like the minimalist style. I really want the charcoal and black tiles though (I heard its not very easy compared to my bro's HD2). And the power up/power down times is way better than anything years beyond it. If I had 7.8, I bet I could get every tile on without needing to scroll. My phone's a phone. I don't need a million apps. I need my dedicated camera button. I hope the WP8 blows me away.

Quote Originally Posted by jmajid View Post
    I'd wait for another 2 weeks at most - i have heard april 14th announcement (somewhere on these forums) - its def coming....just a case of WHEN.
    Now - does verizon offer any kind of return policy on phones if you dont like the 822?
    Verizon let's you return a phone within the first 2 weeks. After that you're stuck with it.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I did the same a couple months ago. Got a very slightly used Lumia 822 for $200 on E-bay. The down side is that I find the 822 more than adequate for the things I use a phone for, so I may just hang on to it. I guess something may come out indicating the 928 is really that much better, but the 822 has quelled my urge for a new phone for now. I'm not sure I would get an 822 to "hold you over" given the rumors that April is going to be the month the 928 is released.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,296 Global Posts
    I got my Trophy through the Microsoft Store when they were having their "Are you Faster than a Windows Phone" promo. It was free.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,296 Global Posts
    Don't forget the restocking fee. I think they can charge you up to $50.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Born View Post
    Really? An iPhone? Isn't that like the old saying "cutting off your nose to spite your face"? Respectfully,and as someone who works with iOS devices and the mac OS X environment every day, don't get an iPhone.
    I'm tired of WAITING. I need a solution NOW. My Trophy is starting to fail. It's not a matter of me wanting to wait for the latest and greatest, I NEED a solution. I'm also an emergency first responder so having a reliable communications tool is vital. Right now I am hobbling along. I don't want to keep doing that. If I am going to get something, I want to get something that has a more mature ecosystem. I'm tired of being the red-headed step child of the app world. I would be willing to trade some of that for the 928, but if I am going to get something that isn't the 928, I'd be willing to trade for a device that has the maturity of the Apple ecosystem. I'm no Apple fan, but it just seems to be more mature.

I'm kinda surprised that someone who has an iphone and a MAC would be pushing against that integration.

Right now, I've figured out a system to hobble along a little longer. Hopefully I can keep it going till at least we have SOME info on when it is coming. Then I can make a decision.

What is more mature about the iOS ecosystem to the Windows one? Other then non-essential apps like instagram. What does iOS have that Windows Phone doesn't? Just curious...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast