Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Weve all seen the Lumia 928 leaks by now from @evleaks as well as all the sites saying this phone will be released this month. The suspense is killing me. What day/week do you think it will finally be released on Verizon? My prediction: Announced this week, preorders open, and shipped by the end of the month say April 26th/27th.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Announced April 18th (this thursday) with availability April 25 or 26th

Quote Originally Posted by jmajid View Post
    I agree :)

It will be available starting May 2nd, because that is the day the Nokia 920 exclusivity deal with AT&T ends.
    unstoppablekem likes this.

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirtas View Post
    It will be available starting May 2nd, because that is the day the Nokia 920 exclusivity deal with AT&T ends.
    and you know this, how?

Quote Originally Posted by jmajid View Post
    I'll see your April 18th, and raise you one week, with a release date on May 3rd.
    jmajid likes this.

Global Posts
    1,934 Global Posts
    Last I heard, and this has been going on from the time when we were waiting for the Trophy on Verizon.... Verizon releases phones (or announces them, I forget) on Tuesdays, so the 16th is my thought of an announcement of it.... Maybe ?

I hate these games, I remember the same crap waiting for the Trophy, I just wish something not rumor would come out, I have been hitting @vzwsupport almost 3 times a week trying to dug out info, and still nothing :( (if I find something, this will be the first place I post it)

So, I am betting on the 16th ! Come on ! Place your bets !!
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

the sooner the better is all I have to say. My DVP will be two yrs old in just over a week and this is exactly what I'm looking for to replace it (if the predictions and leaks of what the 928 will be like are even close to being true).

The GS4 is supposedly due to be released on Verizon around May 30th so I'm guessing the 928 will be out before then.

I say it gets announced on April 23 and released May 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan.kruger View Post
    and you know this, how?
    He read the contract. Obviously, Mirtas is one of the people who signed it - he either works for ATT or Nokia.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    Last I heard, and this has been going on from the time when we were waiting for the Trophy on Verizon.... Verizon releases phones (or announces them, I forget) on Tuesdays, so the 16th is my thought of an announcement of it.... Maybe ?

I hate these games, I remember the same crap waiting for the Trophy, I just wish something not rumor would come out, I have been hitting @vzwsupport almost 3 times a week trying to dug out info, and still nothing :( (if I find something, this will be the first place I post it)

So, I am betting on the 16th ! Come on ! Place your bets !!
    Trophy Announced: Thursday May 19, 2011
    Trophy Released: Thursday May 26, 2011. (I ordered mine on the 26th and had it in hand on the 27th)
    Just FYI.

I just wish they'd take my money already!!
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Will not be announced until late April/early May, late May, June availability

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Random dude on Twitter suggesting it won't launch until later June now to line up with the "next release cycle." First I heard April, now I'm hearing May... who knows where we'll net out.

Quote Originally Posted by sabi View Post
    Random dude on Twitter suggesting it won't launch until later June now to line up with the "next release cycle." First I heard April, now I'm hearing May... who knows where we'll net out.
    Yea I keep seeing people saying it wont be announced until May 15 at some Nokia London event and then wont be released until late June. But Ive noticed on all these rumors people have been using "Lumia 928" and "Catwalk" interchangeably. But according to @TomWarren and what ive gathered from wpcentral these are two different phones.

I thought I read somewhere a while back that AT&T had exclusivity on L920 until May (beginning/end I don't recall) - if true then VZW won't release L928 until after the exclusivity agreement is done.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    If Nokia is announcing Catwalk on May 15, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to wait to announce the 928/Laser at the same time. Makes for a bigger story, bigger piece of news. If there is some sort of delay pushing the phone's availability beyond April, waiting another 2 weeks is not a huge deal to them.

Personally, I think they should get it launched ASAP, but there are many considerations. It's possible marketing support is being finalized (IE, tv commercials, digital media, social assets, in-store, etc.) Perhaps they are ramping up production to not have the limited release of the 920 where stores only got 2-3 units on launch day. Perhaps the mythical 6-month exclusivity deal with AT&T actually does impact the 928 (I don't believe this) but it is all very possible. Too many variables for us to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by tcman88 View Post
    Will not be announced until late April/early May, late May, June availability
    This made me lol. So in other words, it should be announced in the next 45 days and be available in the next 75 days? I suppose that's better than iPhone fans hearing the even more ambiguous "summer".
    Thanked by:

It will be released a week before the catwalk and eos so that Verizon customers dont feel special for too long.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,306 Global Posts
    The day AFTER I buy a new one out of necessity...
    Gungzwei likes this.

z10 was open for pre-order on march 14th (thursday), and was released on march 28th (2 thursday's later)
    i think the lumia 928 is opened for preorder on thursday (april 18), and available april 25 (1 thursday later)
    then galaxy s4 is released end of may (may 30 - thursday), as reports are suggesting.
    This will give each phone a month to be the flagship
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo1300 View Post
    z10 was open for pre-order on march 14th (thursday), and was released on march 28th (2 thursday's later)
    i think the lumia 928 is opened for preorder on thursday (april 18), and available april 25 (1 thursday later)
    then galaxy s4 is released end of may (may 30 - thursday), as reports are suggesting.
    This will give each phone a month to be the flagship
    No, it gives the Z10 a month to be flagship, and the 928 flagship status until the next big Lumia hits Verizon. No way is GS4 a flagship over 928.
    - Rich

HonestAbeBread stated that he would know a week before we do and I think that when he got his hands on a 928 last week then likely it will announced this Thursday (day after tomorrow) and available for pre-order. I have my $200 gripped in my hand and my feet in the starting blocks.
    Thanked by:
    Gungzwei and jleebiker like this.

I'm eligible for an upgrade on April 25th, so I'm going to predict that day for the release.

Goodbye 8x! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by sph0308 View Post
    HonestAbeBread stated that he would know a week before we do and I think that when he got his hands on a 928 last week then likely it will announced this Thursday (day after tomorrow) and available for pre-order. I have my $200 gripped in my hand and my feet in the starting blocks.
    This is what I'm hoping for. We'll see in two days, won't we?
    - Rich

Global Posts
    1,934 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B_RAD89 View Post
    Yea I keep seeing people saying it wont be announced until May 15 at some Nokia London event and then wont be released until late June. But Ive noticed on all these rumors people have been using "Lumia 928" and "Catwalk" interchangeably. But according to @TomWarren and what ive gathered from wpcentral these are two different phones.
    And @TomWarren still says the 928 will be released *sometime* this month. The Catwalk, AKA TMO's new Nokia device will hit in May....

When will soon be now ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by sph0308 View Post
    I have about $450 (will get the rest when needed) gripped in my hands ready to get it.....IF it has the MicroSD slot....(off contract so I can keep my Unlimited data)
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast