Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By hopmedic
  • 5 Post By Funky Cricket
  • 1 Post By falconrap

A tipster is saying lumia 928 will be released next Thursday and will be available 1 or 2 weeks later. Thoughts? Nokia Lumia 928 to be announced next week, says tipster - Neowin
    Thanked by:
    I saw that too; I think it'll be the 25th or sometime next week. This week just feels too soon. So much for that previous thread.

The 25th announcement seems more likely. Probably won't ship until May.

Kinda pisses me off. If the phone is "announced" next Thursday, we still don't know if it will be available to preorder that day. For those of us who have been impatiently waiting for this phone all year, this is frustrating. We keep hearing that Microsoft and Verizon and are going to heavily promote the 928. They still have not even confirmed this phone! I am sure they will heavily promote it, but we most likely won't get our hands on it until mid may. By that point, the catwalk and eos will be announced. We may even hear more about this supposed phablet. Obviously, none of us knows why it hasn't been released(exception of honestabe). However, it feels like it is being delayed. Specs are not everything to me, but I will find it hard to want to buy this phone now knowing there will be better phones coming out (or at least being announced) shortly after it's release... At&t clearly supports windows phone. I am not sold that Verizon does. At this point, I may hold off buying the 928 until i learn more about the other devices..
    Yeah..... BOOOO!!!!!
    Take my money already!
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    jleebiker likes this.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomby Jeezus View Post
    Kinda pisses me off. If the phone is "announced" next Thursday, we still don't know if it will be available to preorder that day. For those of us who have been impatiently waiting for this phone all year, this is frustrating. We keep hearing that Microsoft and Verizon and are going to heavily promote the 928. They still have not even confirmed this phone! I am sure they will heavily promote it, but we most likely won't get our hands on it until mid may. By that point, the catwalk and eos will be announced. We may even hear more about this supposed phablet. Obviously, none of us knows why it hasn't been released(exception of honestabe). However, it feels like it is being delayed. Specs are not everything to me, but I will find it hard to want to buy this phone now knowing there will be better phones coming out (or at least being announced) shortly after it's release... At&t clearly supports windows phone. I am not sold that Verizon does. At this point, I may hold off buying the 928 until i learn more about the other devices..
    This is why Nokia only sold 400,000 units in North America in the first quarter.

It sounds like Nokia intentionally wanted low number quarter, so they can release all these phone in the next one and have a very strong next quarter. They are doing well everywhere but the US, because there is only one Flagship, and it's on the worst nation wide network.

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileVortex View Post
    It sounds like Nokia intentionally wanted low number quarter, so they can release all these phone in the next one and have a very strong next quarter. They are doing well everywhere but the US, because there is only one Flagship, and it's on the worst nation wide network.
    Sprint didn't get the 920 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rick2340 View Post
    This is why Nokia only sold 400,000 units in North America in the first quarter.
    I thought an official Verizon rep commented on the 928 being real, but not saying anything else? I could be wrong.

I asked the chat support on verizonwireless.com about the 928 and she indicated it would 'be available for summer' - so that confirms its coming, just not when, excepting before June 21st. :)

That would explain a lot. If you are right, I hope this strategy pays off.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    "The chat person on #Verizon told me to check next week on the new Lumia 928 #wp7" - random dude on Twitter just now

Did you read the report? Please look at page 7. The are doing bad in other areas!

http://www.results.nokia.com/results...lts2013Q1e.pdf

Is any one else a little worried that launching this so late will hurt it's chances for adoption. Just in these forums the wait has caused people that know more about this phone than the average person to consider the Z10 or leaving Verizon for the 920. Now it appears it won't launch with a month's time between itself and the Galaxy S4. I'm still going to get one, but that's because I'm invested in Windows Phone. I don't think this is going to be enough time to really get the public invested in this device before Verizon stops pushing it. On top of that, the people who have been waiting also seem to be getting pretty frustrated, and I'm worried that for some the phone won't live up to the expectations we've all been holding for so long now. Although, I waited forever for the Trophy as well and I was fully satisfied with it even though it did have shortcomings. Hopefully we'll all end up happy and the phone will have enough time to get some proper adoption from people not already in love with Windows Phone.

I agree, but maybe the holdup is Nokia building proper inventory for launch. Maybe Verizon wants at least 10 of each color for every store & resellers likes best buy. I'd rather have it delayed & released with in being in stock than released early & it being out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinsonmac View Post
    I agree, but maybe the holdup is Nokia building proper inventory for launch. Maybe Verizon wants at least 10 of each color for every store & resellers likes best buy. I'd rather have it delayed & released with in being in stock than released early & it being out of stock.
    I hope that's the case. It'd be even more frustrating if it finally came out and then we couldn't get our hands on it again.

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Just remember what Honestabebread said about the cost differential with WP8 devices and Android. It's 3 digits. VZW clearly wants a cheaper alternative to reduce their costs and reduce the influence Samsung has on their business (they don't want two Apple iPhone like products where the companies dictate terms to VZW. They want the network to standout and be the driver. If the cost differential is what he stated, I can guarantee you that they are going to push the 928 very hard. It will sell, and sell a lot. I'm, frankly, not worried at all. The Lumia phones are also making more money per phone for Nokia and they just started releasing their whole line to a ton of countries.

At the end of the day, the 928 will sell in volumes because it's easy to sell if the sales force is told to push it and learns how to use it, which is pretty much what happened with the original Droid.
    Thanked by:
    Rickste likes this.

The 25th can't come soon enough. I really hope that is the announcement and availability date.