Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By odin09
  • 1 Post By kevin2577
  • 1 Post By snowmutt
  • 1 Post By scottcraft

When Verizon put Windows Phone commercials on tv I was thrilled. I really didn't care if the ads were good or not, it was just good to see Verizon promoting windows phone. Those ads made the case that the phone was easy to use but there was nothing that said that this is an exciting phone that you have to have. What does everyone think Verizon should do to promote the 928? I keep hearing that this will be heavily promoted and I hope that's right. I only bring this up because it's bound to be a slow news week until Thursday and this gives me something to talk about!
    snowmutt likes this.

I imagine they'll promote the camera pretty heavily
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

I'll be thrilled to see them market it at all... but then, I'm honestly getting pretty jaded by the half-hearted marketing efforts that I've seen thus far from all of the US cell carriers when it comes to WP. All I know for sure is that my DVP is due for replacement and the 928 looks to be the best bet for something that I'd be willing to put the money down for to be my next phone so I want it out there, and I want it NOW!!!!

Today is the day they begin their Device Payment Plan to match T-Mobile's similar plan. It would be great to market this plan with the 928 device to attract current & new customers. I myself am thinking of getting the plan on the 928 pay it off in a year and look toward the newer models to come.

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    they won't.

Global Posts
    3,532 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by twint7787 View Post
    they won't.
    Really???

Why wouldn't they? Verizon seems to be kind of behind P8. If a top end Nokia is arriving, they could talk it up as a "we got the latest and greatest" type thing. And the 822 has been a surprising little success for them.

I loved the "So advanced, it is simple" campaign. No offense, but I hope you are wrong.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

I liked the so advanced its simple tag line I just wasn't thrilled with the narrator. I want people to come away from a 928 ad as excited about it as I am!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,306 Global Posts
    Isn't there someone in this forum that works for VZW in Marketing? Wouldn't they be the best to speak on this?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    922 Global Posts
    my guess is with commercials and web adds!

j/k

I hope they market them well, MS isn't doing enough to show off the phones themselves. I've had mixed results with asking about the phones in store. Some have said, "no apps get android" others have said they had demo units and liked how they worked but there was a reason or two they didn't want to keep one (google, or screen size), but were complimentary about the phones.
    I would imagine there will be a lot of marketing behind the 928. There have been stories for a while now that Verizon will get a hero phone from Nokia and that they plan to have a big marketing blitz. I wasn't sure if that would really happen but after hearing about the Lumia 822 success i would imagine they would actually support new WP8 devices even more than before.
    Thanked by:

One thought: Samsung will be spending huge money promoting Galaxy S4. Perhaps VZW doesn't see the need to do more on top of that and will be the 928 as a way to differentiate their network. It's not like someone's gonna switch carriers for the GS4 anyway, since its on all of them.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I think ease of use and the camera would be the best way of promoting the 928. I do think Verizon will be supportive of the 928, I just hope it's not priced at $200.
    diego15nets likes this.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Perhaps they're hyping up the GS4 preorder now so that when the 928 comes out they can focus on that.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i think expected price of this phone is $350.

I just hope that they really do focus on the 928. We need to get the people who don't follow these boards interested in the 928. This is an exciting phone. As for price I think $200 is high but a $50 rebate will bring it down to $150. Either way I am in if they ever get around to releasing the phone.