Nokia Lumia 928 outside of the US

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Not the Lumia 928, but the device code named Catwalk is rumored to be coming to countries other than the USA... (it may come to the USA also under T-Mobile)

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Just thought id add that this hasnt actually been confirmed either way. I personally uphold the possibility that it might get out of the US. Maybe under a different name/number

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
The device may be of limited usefulness outside of the US, depending on if it supports GSM/GPRS/HSPA

No reason that the rest of the world wont get a different version of it. Its a fundamental rehash of the 920 hardware. Changing some of the smaller things like that isnt much effort to get it into more markets with little to no R+D cost

chris7191

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The cost isn't that small. They have to redo antennas, firmware, and retest all to release a device that is barely different than what they currently offer for those carriers. They will get the Catwalk instead most likely. No one else got Lumia 822 did they?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What other carrier has a Lumia with a number ending in !=0? Verizon is currently the only one, and it is a carrier-specific model. TMO is getting one, and it is a carrier-specific model. No way is this CDMA phone going to go outside the US, even though it will have GSM radios in it.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
What other carrier has a Lumia with a number ending in !=0? Verizon is currently the only one, and it is a carrier-specific model. TMO is getting one, and it is a carrier-specific model. No way is this CDMA phone going to go outside the US, even though it will have GSM radios in it.

TMo is getting the 521
Which Lumia are they getting that will end in 0?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Not that I care because I live in the US but, the 8X was sim unlocked, what makes this one different ? LTE uses a SIM card and Verizon has been promoting World phones all the time (bigest problem with CDMA only phones), so I would BET this 928 would work on other carriers, If it is LOCKED to Verizon, that is a different story.

Verizon is going to a SIM based system with LTE....not sure why this would not work...

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Not that I care because I live in the US but, the 8X was sim unlocked, what makes this one different ? LTE uses a SIM card and Verizon has been promoting World phones all the time (bigest problem with CDMA only phones), so I would BET this 928 would work on other carriers, If it is LOCKED to Verizon, that is a different story.

Verizon is going to a SIM based system with LTE....not sure why this would not work...

It will be SIM unlocked, all Verizon's 4G LTE phones have to be due to FCC regulations regarding device access to spectrum in the 700mhz C block

eCFR — Code of Federal Regulations
(e) Handset locking prohibited. No licensee may disable features on handsets it provides to customers, to the extent such features are compliant with the licensee's standards pursuant to paragraph (b)of this section, nor configure handsets it provides to prohibit use of such handsets on other providers' networks.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

822 is SIM unlocked. They don't sell it anywhere outside the US. Sure you could get it, and it would work, but that's a whole different scenario than "The 822 is now available on Orange UK".

Just because Verizon's smart phones are also world phones (having GSM radios and such), does not mean they are sold elsewhere. You still have to get it from a US seller.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Im still going for the likelihood of there being a variant of the 928 being global. It seriously makes no sense that Nokia chose to announce their May Lumia reveal before the 928 reveal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro