Lumia 928-May2/9 VERSUS Samsung Galaxy S4-May 30

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
With S4 preorders starting tomorrow and a release date of May 30th I just dont see the Lumia 928 being released later than the 9th. The window for promoting this phone and getting sales is closing fast if the S4 is indeed coming on the 30th. I doubt Verizon will release these phone within such a small gap like 1 or 2 weeks apart, and if they did I think that would threaten Lumia 928 sales. So heres betting on May 2 or May 9. What do yall think about this closing window?

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
IMO Verizon/Nokia already have blown it. Even if the phone is available on 2/9, which then is even looking unsure, likely it will be eclipsed by the hype for the GS4. The 928 needed to come out the last week of April or first week of may to give it a good month, and it looks Verizon and Nokia have botched that sales window.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
We may also see Nokia cannibalize some of the Lumia 928's sales potential by releasing info on devices that actually update the 920 beyond just adding a xenon flash on May 14th. I know that there's more to the 928 than the xenon flash but from what we've all heard there's not much more than that and these May 14th devices are supposedly going to introduce the next generation of Lumia hardware.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
We may also see Nokia cannibalize some of the Lumia 928's sales potential by releasing info on devices that actually update the 920 beyond just adding a xenon flash on May 14th. I know that there's more to the 928 than the xenon flash but from what we've all heard there's not much more than that and these May 14th devices are supposedly going to introduce the next generation of Lumia hardware.

My guess is that these phones revealed on the 14th is not destined for the US market.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I like Windows Phone, but the 928 needs to be released before the S4 because that thing is going to be a hot seller.
You think it will be a hot seller but I think it will have the same effect as the iPhone 5 (less sales than expected). It just isn't worth the extra $100 to the layperson. In the iPhone's case, you were going 3G to 4G even. With the S4 you're getting specs that aren't important to most people

rockyct

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Normally, I would expect the 928 to come out at $200, but if it's coming out really close to the S4, I'd hope the 928 would come out at a more aggressive price point.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
IMO Verizon/Nokia already have blown it. Even if the phone is available on 2/9, which then is even looking unsure, likely it will be eclipsed by the hype for the GS4. The 928 needed to come out the last week of April or first week of may to give it a good month, and it looks Verizon and Nokia have botched that sales window.
Samsung Galaxy series do not do well on Verizon (behind iPhone and razrs) and Verizon will make no attempt to sale the phone. In fact sales reps have more incentives to sale iPhone than GS4. Will GS4 do good , yes only among android users so it really doesn't matter when L928 is coming out in relations to GS4

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy series do not do well on Verizon (behind iPhone and razrs) and Verizon will make no attempt to sale the phone. In fact sales reps have more incentives to sale iPhone than GS4. Will GS4 do good , yes only among android users so it really doesn't matter when L928 is coming out in relations to GS4

Sales reps don't have any incentive to sell any phone over another.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Sales reps don't have any incentive to sell any phone over another.

No, but a lot of sales reps have near no knowledge of or interest in technology, so tend to get caught in bandwagons and recommend what they think is better purely from word of mouth. Seen it happen many a time. Also had to correct sales reps several times when they are talking to my friends and I happen to be in ear shot

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
No, but a lot of sales reps have near no knowledge of or interest in technology, so tend to get caught in bandwagons and recommend what they think is better purely from word of mouth. Seen it happen many a time. Also had to correct sales reps several times when they are talking to my friends and I happen to be in ear shot

whoa! You should get a job as a sales rep!

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Haha, didnt mean any offense by that, obviously not an all-encompassing statement, but here in the UK sales reps are known for being badly educated in what they sell, mainly due to poor recruitment. Just an example, a friend of mine applied for a job in a superstore, he studies computing like me, loves his tech. Rather than put him in the tech department they put him in the bedding section and instead some guy that doesnt know the difference between a CPU and APU in tech....

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
the 928 needs to be $100 cheaper than the GS4 if Nokia and Verizon want to move some boxes.. otherwise, if they are priced the same, it will be really hard.

Even tho.. this is the first time Verizon customers are introduced to that kind of built quality (other than the iPhone 4/4s/5), so when you hold the 928 and the GS4 in your hand when you go to the store, you might not buy on specs alone.. the GS4 will feel rather cheaply made compared to the Nokia.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay buddy you Cleary know how Verizon functions.

I do know how Verizon functions. I also know that the only reason reps sell some phones over others is due to personal bias and returns. I was at a store the other day and none of them will sell a S3 or a 822 because there are so many returns and customer complaints. Obviously this varies by store, but there is literally zero financial obligation to any phone at a rep level. At a company level, WP is preferred, but its hard to teach trained salesman to take risks on new products.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I do know how Verizon functions. I also know that the only reason reps sell some phones over others is due to personal bias and returns. I was at a store the other day and none of them will sell a S3 or a 822 because there are so many returns and customer complaints. Obviously this varies by store, but there is literally zero financial obligation to any phone at a rep level. At a company level, WP is preferred, but its hard to teach trained salesman to take risks on new products.

I believe you stated in your store there was some regional issue with the 822's where they did not activate properly... Just wanted to point out AFAIK on the whole the 822 is pretty reliable outside of your local store's regional issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)