Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

So the question is, would the 16th constitute as "3rd week of May"?

I was thinking the same thing...is it the week of May 12th which is technically the 3rd week of May (a month covering 5 weeks) or the week of May 19th ? I am going on vacation on May 17th and would love to have my new phone so hope it's the former rather than the latter. At least we are getting some news and hopefully a joint news conference to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
    So the question is, would the 16th constitute as "3rd week of May"?

The 16th should be the day if this report is true. Wouldn't give it much advance time on the gs4 but at least it's a little. Hopefully an announcement will come and end the mystery.

When looking at the calendar, one can easily conclude that May has five weeks in it, so I guess it's all subjective for companies to handle such dates. Let's hope Verizon sees it as such and release it on the 16th.
    hopmedic likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sph0308 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...is it the week of May 12th which is technically the 3rd week of May (a month covering 5 weeks) or the week of May 19th ? I am going on vacation on May 17th and would love to have my new phone so hope it's the former rather than the latter. At least we are getting some news and hopefully a joint news conference to announce.
    Keep in mind that unless you are leaving the country, even on vacation you could go into any Verizon store and get the new phone, should it come out while you're on vacation.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Good point....

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Keep in mind that unless you are leaving the country, even on vacation you could go into any Verizon store and get the new phone, should it come out while you're on vacation.
    Just remember that you should be near a wifi that you can use when you log into it the first time, or you'll end up burning through your data when you sign in and it starts restoring the "backup" that it has in the sky.
    - Rich

Thanked by:
    Vallos 

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The article says "stock availability 3rd week of May." To me that sounds like you can purchase the phone on that date. So they make announce on the 9th and release it on the 16th.
    I'm still hoping to have one on the ninth. To be assured of this, I have now changed all of my calendars to reflect a three day week.
    - Rich

What year does your new calendar have the world coming to an end ?
    Well, I could tell you but you wouldn't understand, because I'm using a new numbering system that I have been working on for 2.3 of your old years, but it's still in beta, and I'm still working on the patent, so I can't explain it to you yet.
    - Rich

aximtreo, 11B1P and alGaddafi like this.

With new rumors that the 928 will be in fact announced at the London event on the 14th it seems that the 16th has a strong shot of actually being the day that ends our wait. These rumors have been hit and miss so far so I am hoping that finally imminent means imminent!

Tom Warren, though I know some of you think he's unreliable, hinted at an announcement on the 9th

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'm banking on the 23rd. That's the third full week in May.

And no, I don't know the launch date. :'(
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

So it's coming out a whole week before the S4? That would be dumb, it would be completely drowned out. Bah, this is so frustrating.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaethos View Post
    So it's coming out a whole week before the S4? That would be dumb, it would be completely drowned out. Bah, this is so frustrating.
    Tbh, at this stage WP8 is still in its infancy, anyone likely to move to the platform would have already decided to do so, so the S4 isnt a problem.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaethos View Post
    It doesn't matter when the S4 launches. By the time the Lumia 928 launches, the S4 will have been out for a month in the US. That means the 928 will get front page on all of the tech websites and probably even VZW's site. All the more press coverage the S4 will get is "S4 available on Verizon today for $199." That's it. The 928 will have first looks, camera shootouts, and reviews all during the week the S4 comes out. The press side of things is handled.

As for consumer mindshare, Samsung has done a good job making the Galaxy brand just like the Droid or iPhone brand. Anyone interested in the 928 will get it. Unless some new apps and accessories launch with the 928, reps probably still won't care.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Comparisons between the 928 and S4 would be a good thing, even if the S4 is deemed to be the better phone. Any publicity is good publicity

EVLeaks:
    "Upcoming Verizon promotion: $100 off iPhone 5 beginning mid-month."

Looks like Verizon has forgotten the Lumia 928 :(

Abe...based on your post below...you are saying the 928 won't be out till the end of June !! (May 30th availability of S4 + 1 month). That is not what all of the other indications are pointing towards (May release of 928).

Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    It doesn't matter when the S4 launches. By the time the Lumia 928 launches, the S4 will have been out for a month in the US. That means the 928 will get front page on all of the tech websites and probably even VZW's site. All the more press coverage the S4 will get is "S4 available on Verizon today for $199." That's it. The 928 will have first looks, camera shootouts, and reviews all during the week the S4 comes out. The press side of things is handled.

As for consumer mindshare, Samsung has done a good job making the Galaxy brand just like the Droid or iPhone brand. Anyone interested in the 928 will get it. Unless some new apps and accessories launch with the 928, reps probably still won't care.

He's not talking about S4 availability on Verizon with that comment. The S4 is already available on other carriers and as such haz had its press blitz, Verizon is getting it last. I hadn't really thought of it that way.
    That said, the wait is still frustrating. If Verizon had another phone I wanted I might not bother waiting anymore.
    Here's a positive thought: If Verizon is the last to get the SG4, we're not the only ones who are frustrated right now.
    - Rich

jmajid likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    I'm still hoping to have one on the ninth. To be assured of this, I have now changed all of my calendars to reflect a three day week.
    Ok, I'm ready to start releasing a few "leaks" about my new calendar system. Consider this to be an unofficial, though fairly reliable leak. Pretend it didn't come from me, since a leak from me wouldn't be a leak, but an announcement, and I'm not ready to announce all the details.

As previously stated, the weeks in my calendar have all been changed to reflect a three day week. Two of those days are weekend days, so there is only one workday per week. There are only three weeks per month, and only two months per year. This is all "speculative" ( ), however deemed to be fairly reliable, as the source has never let us down.

Now, since Verizon is said to have the 928 out by the third week of the month, it can be released no later than the ninth, the last day of the month. Since there are only two months per year, in order to make it out for this year's holiday season, they only have 12 days remaining, or they miss the boat.

More on this later, as more "leaks" are released.
    - Rich

aximtreo and wolf1891 like this.

My neighborhood has a breakfast get together on the first Saturday of each month. One of the guys in my neighborhood works for Verizon. I asked him about the Nokia Lumia 928 and, as of Saturday, he had not heard anything. In fact, he had no idea what I was talking about. He did mention that he was familiar with the 822. I doubt this is worth much in the grand scheme of things, but I was still surprised that he had not heard anything at all about the phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast