Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

So we all know that the Lumia 928 will only be releasing in Black or White for now even though weve seen rumors about a cyan and red option. The red Lumia 822 didnt release on Verizon until about 3 months after the orginal white, black, and grey colors launched. So when do you think other colors will be available? June, July?
    Yeah....... This is a huge mistake for Verizon.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Yeah....... This is a huge mistake for Verizon.
    Dude you have been posting this in every thread, I think we understand. With the 928 and its edge-to-edge glass, you can't see any color from the front anyways. Just buy whichever color case you want for the phone and be done with it. Then you get the protection you might need and the color that you want. Win-win.
    DavidinCT and Tjarren like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
    Dude you have been posting this in every thread,
    Um, no. I haven't. And I was replying to someone else. If you don't like my post, you're not required to read it. KTHXBYE.
    - Rich

That is exactly the conclusion I came to, WizeGuy. It's all edge to edge glass. So if I get any color, I will not enjoy it.
    fastpitch_dad likes this.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Um, no. I haven't. And I was replying to someone else. If you don't like my post, you're not required to read it. KTHXBYE.
    Look, no disrespect but.....

"Black and white only. Idiots."

"Yeah, the more I look, the more it's growing on me. That's probably what I'll get. Rather have red or blue, but the white is starting to grow on me."

You are talking about the colors in more than one place. But honestly man, I meant no harm. I would just get a colored case and call it a day. This just seems like too good of a phone to pass up on and have to wait months just to get a different colored back.
    Thanked by:
    tissotti likes this.
    Dude you have been posting this in every thread, I think we understand. With the 928 and its edge-to-edge glass, you can't see any color from the front anyways. Just buy whichever color case you want for the phone and be done with it. Then you get the protection you might need and the color that you want. Win-win.
    Look, no disrespect but.....

"Black and white only. Idiots."

"Yeah, the more I look, the more it's growing on me. That's probably what I'll get. Rather have red or blue, but the white is starting to grow on me."

You are talking about the colors in more than one place. But honestly man, I meant no harm. I would just get a colored case and call it a day. This just seems like too good of a phone to pass up on and have to wait months just to get a different colored back.
    Can't make up your mind? I count two places that you've cited my complaining about the color, including this thread. How many threads are there? How many other people who've complained about the colors have you similarly singled out?
    - Rich

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Can't make up your mind? I count two places that you've cited my complaining about the color, including this thread. How many threads are there? How many other people who've complained about the colors have you similarly singled out?
    I guess you don't know what a figure of speech is? Of course I didn't literally mean every thread on this board. But I think 3 places is enough for my comment to be valid.

Anyhow dude, I really didn't mean any harm and I apologize for the way I said it. With that being said, which color are you gonna go with? Would you consider a colored case for it?

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts
    i'd prefer cyan, but if we can buy an ebay case and change it like the 920, I might do that down the road. I tend to run case-less and keep insurance.
    With that being said, which color are you gonna go with? Would you consider a colored case for it?
    Well, I really want the phone to stand out on its own. Currently I have the cyan Aegis Trident (or Trident Aegis?) on my 822, but since the 928 is bigger, I was thinking of going with a more minimal case. Yes, I'll case it, but was thinking even of a clear case. At this point, it all depends on what cases are out right away, because I do want SOME protection on it. I was hoping to find something even more minimal than an Incipio Feather, though. We'll see, but I do like the Aegis I have now, just hoped to go with less and let the phone be visible, to set it apart from the robots and fruits. I guess I'll get the white and see what cases are available.
    - Rich

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    i'd prefer cyan, but if we can buy an ebay case and change it like the 920, I might do that down the road. I tend to run case-less and keep insurance.
    Yeah, screw cases. What, did I buy an iPhone? Haha.

I'd wager more colors are coming. I'd also wager big incentives to buy are coming. If you can wait, say, 3 months, you can probably get a red one with some kind of bundle or discount.
    Or, if you need it immediately, you get a white one next week.

Three months is too long to wait for a color, especially when that wait will result in being closer to the next big thing.

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeHolden View Post
    Yeah, screw cases. What, did I buy an iPhone? Haha.
    sorry. I meant to say "back plate".
    I don't use cases either.

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts
    From what I can see unless you don't use a case the color wont matter you can only see the color from the back and sides.
    If it's of any comfort for people who want something other than black and white, maybe down the road they'll release extra back covers in different colors that you can replace, like the 920

Global Posts
    1,875 Global Posts
    As this discussion is a about colors of the phone and finishes, it brings up a question I had for 920 owners. How is the gloss finish on the 920 on scratches ? I can just see a shiny finish with a billion micro scratches on it. Thoughts ?
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

I would also like to know this, and also on the matte finish if there are any problems with minor scratches.
    HTC Fuze wm 6.1-sold
    HTC Titan WP7.8
    NL 920 WP8

Can one of our VZW folks speak to this? Why not release in multiple colors? Really wanted a cyan 928 to go with my cyan touch cover. :(. This was a bitter-sweet product announcement.

They ordered more black and white and want to unload them. Once the sales taper off, they release the colors to bring people back.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    As this discussion is a about colors of the phone and finishes, it brings up a question I had for 920 owners. How is the gloss finish on the 920 on scratches ? I can just see a shiny finish with a billion micro scratches on it. Thoughts ?
    The 920 was very scratch resistant

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Born View Post
    Can one of our VZW folks speak to this? Why not release in multiple colors? Really wanted a cyan 928 to go with my cyan touch cover. :(. This was a bitter-sweet product announcement.
    My theory is that since the phone was delayed twice, they had to run with black and white for now to get it on the shelf. That device manager screen shot showing cyan and red is 100% legit though. I've seen that screen many, many times. My bet is they're saving the red for some kind of holiday promo or something similar (kind of like the Valentine's Day red 822, the blue and purple Droid Razr for back to school, etc.). The cyan will either come out when the red does or it will end up being an employee special edition like the gray/limelight 8X.

The whole idea is to push this phone as hard as they're pushing the Razr M. The Razr M and the 928 will be the company's spotlight devices. The M launched in white and black, then had a pink variant, and now a blue variant. It frequently goes on sale for free or for $50 off. Expect these same things to happen with the 928.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
    Thanked by:

I'm just torn. I have been eligible for an upgrade since February, and usually want to throw my Samsung Droid Charge against a wall at least 5 times a day. But I was really looking forward to cyan. Do they make ultra thin (read nearly imperceptibly thin) skins/covers that would be cyan? I've never really kept up with phone cases as I've never used one.
    moh maya likes this.

grrrrrrr... I want the red 928 and I want it now! Not sure what I'll be doing now with the 928 only being available in black or white initially and no word on when the additional colors will be available. Do I go ahead and get a black or white 928? Do I wait an undefined amount of time for a colored 928? Do I stay on T-Mobile instead of switching back to Verizon as planned? hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Twice Born View Post
    I'm just torn. I have been eligible for an upgrade since February, and usually want to throw my Samsung Droid Charge against a wall at least 5 times a day. But I was really looking forward to cyan. Do they make ultra thin (read nearly imperceptibly thin) skins/covers that would be cyan? I've never really kept up with phone cases as I've never used one.
    The Lumia 920 has a number of different type of cases from different manufacturers and in different colors. I am sure, maybe not day one, you will be able to find the same cases for the 928 as the 920. Just do a search for 920 cases, so that you can at least have an idea of what is out there.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, LG G2, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, IPad Air, Archos 101, Archos 70
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I'd wager that there will be no colors for this device, with the exception of MAYBE a limited edition Red.

Verizon's entire lineup of phones are primarily Black; there are a few White devices, and they may have made an exception with the 8X given that California Blue was HTC's signature device. I think the 822 and 8X was in Red, but they were limited editions, for a limited time only.

If you want the 928 now, AND color, I think you are simply going to have to purchase a case. Even though Nokia has been known, for years, for making devices with various colors, Verizon has the 'corporate folk' mentality; so fun, playful, vibrant colors in their lineup just ain't gonna happen!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast