Nokia Lumia 928 Bugs and Defects

mgmtm4

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone is suddenly shaking the OS up and down by a pixel row or two when keeping my finger on the screen. It is really annoying because it makes it look like I am going through a earthquake each time I forget to take my finger off the screen. I have already tried turning off double tap and rebooting the phone. I have also done a full hard reset with no luck. Any ideas?

Wolfeman

May 22, 2013
Visit site
My 2nd 928 won't get past gears, incredibly frustrated. First had a bad camera and 2nd had a bad speaker. Both worked fine for a few weeks and never came back after a reset.

deversss

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I think I have found the cause of the unresponsive screen lock on Nokia Lumia 928 after the new update.
I have had my phone for over 3 months now and didn't have any issues with it and loved it more than any of the other phones out right now. To me it seemed the best on the market, except for the lack of apps on the windows store. Anyways, shortly after the Amber software update for my Lumia 928, I pressed my unlock button and the screen was unresponsive. Only the volume button and lock button was working. I was furious. First thing I did was googled my issue and found out how to do a soft reset. This was a short term fix for my issue but not permanent, for I began to have an unresponsive screen up to 2 times a day for about two weeks. This was embarrassing because I had convinced all my friends my phone was better than theirs and now it freezes all he time. So I thought for a while and did some online research. I didn't find anything helpful besides a soft reset it hard reset. I didn't do a hard reset because I didn't wana set up my phone again. What I tried was soley based on an idea that the update made my phone worse. I had noticed that my phone seemed dimmer after the update and went to my brightness levels. It was set on automatic so that it would save battery and get brighter when in sunlight ect. When I put my phone on low (the lowest setting) it got brighter. I thought this was odd because I had tried all of the brightness settings before and in dark rooms the brightness on automatic was the same as low. Thats when I realized that after the update, the phones brightness will turn off completely to save battery when in very dark rooms. I turned off the brightness automatic adjust setting as well as the find my phone setting (turned off find my phone because I had it off before the update so I did it out of suspicion) and since I changed these settings, my phone has not been unresponsive. It has been three weeks now and I hope everyone sees this.

Incase someone is wondering what setting my brightness is on, I put it on medium, and I leave it like that all the time. Hope I helped. If u have any questions email me at devindstanton@gmail.com

-Devin

deversss

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Just throwing my name in the big bucket of people having lock-ups / screen freezes and reboots after this last update (GDR2D2 or wtf). My 928 was very solid, no reboots or issues at all, then about a week after updating, I'm getting lock-ups or reboots daily, sometimes multiple times per day. This isn't acceptable performance for my phone. I'm close to doing a complete system reset and see if that helps. As anyone tried that - a full wipe?

I posted above the solution for the unresponsive screen you and thousands of others are dealing with. It worked for my phone i hope it works for yours and everyone else too.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I had my first freeze up today, but that was only after installing 6tag. I deleted it and my 928 immediately went back to silky smooth performance.

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I really don't think a particular app is the problem. I believe it is something with the OS, like the. Brightness theory above

shockjay

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have had to shut down on the data usage for the last few days until my limit resets in a couple of days. As a result, I have had my phone either off or on airplane mode during that time. Now I have lost connection with all of my e-mail accounts and the collected e-mail icon on my start screen has disappeared. All of my accounts either say "not up-to-date" or "Attention required".

Has anyone experienced this lately?

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had to shut down on the data usage for the last few days until my limit resets in a couple of days. As a result, I have had my phone either off or on airplane mode during that time. Now I have lost connection with all of my e-mail accounts and the collected e-mail icon on my start screen has disappeared. All of my accounts either say "not up-to-date" or "Attention required".

Has anyone experienced this lately?

Are you connected to Wi-Fi? Since you've turned off your cell reception, none of your accounts are going to update and they will say "not up to date" in the Email + Accounts page of the Settings menu, unless you have a Wi-Fi data connection...

leannmetalhead

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I only bought the Lumia 928 since they claim that it can record concerts(really loud ones) distortion free. I will find out tomorrow when I watch Vader and Vital Remains. Anyway can somebody help me. I was trying to watch this video Video: Interior Summer - Pinkbike but it doesn't play on mine. Is there any way that I can make it play on my phone? My brother's iPhone 5 can play it which bugs me. I thought the Lumia would have more media formats supported than the iPhone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised that it works on an iPhone - it's Flash, and didn't Steve Jobs say that Flash would never have a place on an iDevice? Flash won't work on Windows Phone, either.

leannmetalhead

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Wait that's a flash video? Damn, how the hell did it play then. Oh well this thing better blow me away with recording a live death metal show tomorrow. What's the deal with Flash anyway?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Flash is a common way for hackers to get in, so Apple and later Microsoft said that they would not support it. I wasn't aware that Apple had changed. You can tell it's a Flash video by right-clicking it - you'll see the About Adobe Flash.... at the bottom of the context menu.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I cannot connect my L928 to my laptop. Sometimes is work very well, the Windows Phone app for desktop opens immediately after I connect phone.
Sometimes even when I open it my self (from start menu) it doesnt see my phone -
at this moment in Device Manager ->Portable devices my phone is listed and it says device is working correctly (/or properly) And other time it sees my phone but it says device cannot start

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My live tiles have stopped updating. None of them are acting right. This includes my battery tile and WP central.

Also my text messaging is acting real crazy. Sometimes it tells me that there are no messages. I have to back out and go back in to see them. When I send a message it randomly takes up to 15-20 sec to send. Anyone else having this problem? I haven't changed any settings.

Last edited:

Olga Shumilo

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a small trouble - there is evdently no way to save a number from a received call on my L928.
I've read the instructions, but, unfortunately, there is no "saving" button to tap on the display...
If someone has already fixed this, please let me know... thanks in advance.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
You go to recent calls> click on the number u want to save> there should be a floppy disk @ the bottom of the screen to save. I have a hard time believing its not there. Mby provide us with a screen shot?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium