Nokia Lumia 928 Bugs and Defects

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Post below if you think your Nokia Lumia 928 has any issues or isn't behaving as it should. This thread is for the discussion of any hardware or software issues.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

[note]
Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum here.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.
[/note]

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to help you fix your issue as quickly as possible!

Last edited:

jakthebomb

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine has a screwed up Windows Key, the back light shows crap underneath. I also noticed the screen has glitching when scrolling. My Lumia 822 didn't have either of these issues.

The Top right corner glass since not being covered by the protective info-graph shows a different reflection.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the notifications turned OFF for when the screen locks and unlocks and depite that, it still makes a noise when it locks and unlocks the screen.

Bennethon

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine has a screwed up Windows Key, the back light shows crap underneath.

I have the same problem. The Windows button's backlight looks ... goopy. Or something. Like a sticker not fully set. Or adhesive. I am trying not to let it bug me, but I might have to stop by the Verizon store after work and compare mine to the display model. It's just a cosmetic issue, but it makes me nervous.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. The Windows button's backlight looks ... goopy. Or something. Like a sticker not fully set. Or adhesive. I am trying not to let it bug me, but I might have to stop by the Verizon store after work and compare mine to the display model. It's just a cosmetic issue, but it makes me nervous.

Yup. The Windows Key looks terrible when lit. So does the Search key, but it's much less noticeable since it's a smaller graphic.

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I cant seem to receive text messages. My wife apparently has been sending me messages but i'm not getting any of them. I can send messages to her fine.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
First restart the phone. If that doesn't solve it, call VZW support. There may be something they can kick-start to get it going. I had a similar issue when I got my 822 last November, and the phone call solved it.

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well gents (and ladies) unless there is a screen lock feature (I haven't dived in to the instructions yet, my screen is unresponsive - after being responsive.) Super sensitive? Maybe I hurt its feelings and it isn't working any longer. If this doesn't rectify itself it will be time to exchange on day 2 after a day 1 pick up...*grumble*

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't give up yet. Press/hold volume down while pressing/holding power, until it vibrates. Soft reset.

I may opt to do a hard reset. (soft twice) I will let all the apps install first and see if that is bogging it down, about 20 more to go. Doubt it, but when in doubt hard reset via the win pho website...thinking that is available though haven't scoped it out yet.

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I may opt to do a hard reset. (soft twice) I will let all the apps install first and see if that is bogging it down, about 20 more to go. Doubt it, but when in doubt hard reset via the win pho website...thinking that is available though haven't scoped it out yet.

Funny...I performed a hard reset and no response again...just for the hell of it I applied pressure around the phone (perimeter) and there was a snap or click as if something snapped in to place... then screen then began to work...now reinstalling apps part deux...lets see how this round goes...

Wordjoy

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I had same issue:

I had left my old phone on... after moving the account..

Tech had me turn off the old phone.
Then turn off the 928 for 2 minutes
Turn it back on.. I am getting text messages

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You can, but you can also hard reset by going to Settings | About | Reset your phone, then two confirmations after that.

For all who are having text troubles, when in doubt, restart. Turn the phone off, not just standby. Press/hold power, then when prompted swipe down.

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep had this exact problem yesterday and I restarted the phone and then text messaging worked. But I never received the text messages before I restarted though

commo

Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
Find My Phone is not working. The settings for Find My Phone seem backwards as well. When I turn the feature on, the settings show it as off, when I turn the feature off, the settings show "ring, lock, erase, or find your phone. Anyone else having this issue? Definitely looks like a bug to me.

Oh, and I also have the Start Button problem, looks like a manufacturing issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism