Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Global Posts
    3,964 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Post below if you think your Nokia Lumia 928 has any issues or isn't behaving as it should. This thread is for the discussion of any hardware or software issues.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum here.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to help you fix your issue as quickly as possible!
    Last edited by Muessig; 05-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Mine has a screwed up Windows Key, the back light shows crap underneath. I also noticed the screen has glitching when scrolling. My Lumia 822 didn't have either of these issues.

The Top right corner glass since not being covered by the protective info-graph shows a different reflection.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,302 Global Posts
    I have the notifications turned OFF for when the screen locks and unlocks and depite that, it still makes a noise when it locks and unlocks the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jakthebomb View Post
    Mine has a screwed up Windows Key, the back light shows crap underneath.
    I have the same problem. The Windows button's backlight looks ... goopy. Or something. Like a sticker not fully set. Or adhesive. I am trying not to let it bug me, but I might have to stop by the Verizon store after work and compare mine to the display model. It's just a cosmetic issue, but it makes me nervous.
    Is it normal for a Nokia phone to sound like plastic is flying everywhere when it vibrates? Mines loud as all hell!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennethon View Post
    I have the same problem. The Windows button's backlight looks ... goopy. Or something. Like a sticker not fully set. Or adhesive. I am trying not to let it bug me, but I might have to stop by the Verizon store after work and compare mine to the display model. It's just a cosmetic issue, but it makes me nervous.
    Yup. The Windows Key looks terrible when lit. So does the Search key, but it's much less noticeable since it's a smaller graphic.

I cant seem to receive text messages. My wife apparently has been sending me messages but i'm not getting any of them. I can send messages to her fine.
    First restart the phone. If that doesn't solve it, call VZW support. There may be something they can kick-start to get it going. I had a similar issue when I got my 822 last November, and the phone call solved it.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Thanked by:

Well gents (and ladies) unless there is a screen lock feature (I haven't dived in to the instructions yet, my screen is unresponsive - after being responsive.) Super sensitive? Maybe I hurt its feelings and it isn't working any longer. If this doesn't rectify itself it will be time to exchange on day 2 after a day 1 pick up...*grumble*
    Superboy Micah likes this.
    Don't give up yet. Press/hold volume down while pressing/holding power, until it vibrates. Soft reset.
    - Rich

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Don't give up yet. Press/hold volume down while pressing/holding power, until it vibrates. Soft reset.
    I may opt to do a hard reset. (soft twice) I will let all the apps install first and see if that is bogging it down, about 20 more to go. Doubt it, but when in doubt hard reset via the win pho website...thinking that is available though haven't scoped it out yet.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Born View Post
    I cant seem to receive text messages. My wife apparently has been sending me messages but i'm not getting any of them. I can send messages to her fine.
    Same here. Not receiving some messages.

Quote Originally Posted by explosive012 View Post
    My wife and I had this problem until we restarted our phones after activating and porting from AT&T. After we restarted, our texts worked fine (wish the folks at the Microsoft store had told us to do this).

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by explosive012 View Post
    Had the same issue. Deleted text thread and restarted phones and it was then working

Quote Originally Posted by MarineDawg View Post
    I may opt to do a hard reset. (soft twice) I will let all the apps install first and see if that is bogging it down, about 20 more to go. Doubt it, but when in doubt hard reset via the win pho website...thinking that is available though haven't scoped it out yet.
    Funny...I performed a hard reset and no response again...just for the hell of it I applied pressure around the phone (perimeter) and there was a snap or click as if something snapped in to place... then screen then began to work...now reinstalling apps part deux...lets see how this round goes...

I was not getting any text either, phone finally decided to start getting them after I restarted it!

I had same issue:

I had left my old phone on... after moving the account..

Tech had me turn off the old phone.
    Then turn off the 928 for 2 minutes
    Turn it back on.. I am getting text messages
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineDawg View Post
    You can, but you can also hard reset by going to Settings | About | Reset your phone, then two confirmations after that.

For all who are having text troubles, when in doubt, restart. Turn the phone off, not just standby. Press/hold power, then when prompted swipe down.
    - Rich

Yep had this exact problem yesterday and I restarted the phone and then text messaging worked. But I never received the text messages before I restarted though

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Find My Phone is not working. The settings for Find My Phone seem backwards as well. When I turn the feature on, the settings show it as off, when I turn the feature off, the settings show "ring, lock, erase, or find your phone. Anyone else having this issue? Definitely looks like a bug to me.

Oh, and I also have the Start Button problem, looks like a manufacturing issue.

My wife purchased the phone yesterday morning for me. Got home from work and tried to turn it on. Endless boot cycle. Phone was defective! Returned it and got another, and all is well thus far. Not a good first impression!

My start button shows a bit of the same issue, but it's pretty minor.

Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Is it normal for a Nokia phone to sound like plastic is flying everywhere when it vibrates? Mines loud as all hell!
    Mine is nothing like that. It's actually a very quick, subtle vibrate for me.

both my sister and brother switching from iphones seemed to still be getting some texts to the iphone while others came to the lumia. calls could work on both too even after they completed the upgrade in the store. a soft reset of the lumia seemed to do the trick so not much of an issue.

but, my sister had to go back like 5 min. after getting home with her new phone to have it exchanged because the phone rebooted, showed the verizon screen, showed a screen in nokia blue but no logos or anything on it, just a solid color, would reboot to verizon screen, blue, repeat, and was stuck in a loop. didn't feel like trying to have the phone flash itself to factory default so told her to just exchange it to be safe.

no problems with the exchange but she noticed in the facebook app you can't save pictures from the app to the phone (like hitting "save to phone" on a pic if viewing fb content through integrated fb within the phone/people hub) without having to snap a screenshot? i never used the app, always used integrated, so i never knew this. that's pretty damn ridiculous. her iPhone could do that. she doesn't seem too keen on linking her fb account with the phone for whatever reason. she tried both the ****ty original app and the new FB beta app. sorry if this isn't a glitch or bug of the phone like i had mentioned above in first 2 paragraphs, but just figured i'd share. hope she doesn't let these few hiccups she's experienced discourage her from liking her new phone. she seems to like it otherwise so far, maybe too early to tell.

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I'm also concerned with the weak vibrate. I could hear my Trophy vibrate in the other room sometimes and never, ever had a ringer on.
    I can barely even feel this thing vibrate, which makes me fear I'll miss texts. Plus, I really want to avoid ever turning the ringer on - the options are all terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeHolden View Post
    Yup. The Windows Key looks terrible when lit. So does the Search key, but it's much less noticeable since it's a smaller graphic.
    Do you think this is something that might be fixed by swapping the phone for a different model? Or will they all be this way? I went back to the store yesterday and showed the sales people. They both could see what I was talking about, the Windows button looking like crap. But we couldn't reproduce it on the display model. The display phone was in a bright part of the store, and we couldn't get the back light to come on. So the sales guy got another phone from the back to try to test, but the back light wouldn't come on until the phone was set up. So... couldn't test what it looked like on another model. The guy just told me that the phone is under warranty, and if anything happens they'll replace it. I just don't know if this is worth making a big stink over, and even if I did swap the phone with another one, if it would have the same problem.
Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast