NOKIA LUMIA 928: Anybody have it yet or planning to purchase!

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
So I previously said I'm in for a white one on Thursday pending Nokia's announcement on the 14th, and now I can confirm I'm in for a white one on Thursday. I'm a little annoyed that the 928 doesn't have the same camera improvements as the 925, if only because it's essentially an admission from Nokia that focus and clarity are not up to par on the 928, which hasn't even been released yet! I was hoping that the many shots I've seen out there for the 920/928 that seemed to suffer from inaccurate focus or fuzzy detail were fixable via software improvements, but it appears that may not be entirely true. It's not enough to get me off of Verizon and onto T-Mobile, but it is a disappointing fact to know when you're about to enter into a two year contract.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So I previously said I'm in for a white one on Thursday pending Nokia's announcement on the 14th, and now I can confirm I'm in for a white one on Thursday. I'm a little annoyed that the 928 doesn't have the same camera improvements as the 925, if only because it's essentially an admission from Nokia that focus and clarity are not up to par on the 928, which hasn't even been released yet! I was hoping that the many shots I've seen out there for the 920/928 that seemed to suffer from inaccurate focus or fuzzy detail were fixable via software improvements, but it appears that may not be entirely true. It's not enough to get me off of Verizon and onto T-Mobile, but it is a disappointing fact to know when you're about to enter into a two year contract.

Don't think it is an admission by Nokia of any issues with the camera on the 920 and 928. That feature was added to the 925 to differentiate it from the 920 and 928, just as the 928 got the Xenon flash to differentiate it. Though each phone is essentially the same, each carrier can promote those differences. Essentially that is what the carriers want. They want phones that make them differentiate themselves from their competitors. I believe it has already been said in other threads. Nokia is not Samsung nor Apple here in the U.S., they have to deal with the carriers. Unlike Samsung and Apple, who can dictate what the carriers get.

JamesForKing

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got back from Verizon, I asked and they said full retail is 499, if anyone is wondering. They looked it up, it's legit. They said the Windows Rep just stopped in today. Don't know if that was established info.

Radioage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the 822 in Black and plan to use my wife's upgrade to get a 928 (Wanted RED but only available in Black or White) in Black and probably sell my 822. I may wait to see if Wal-Mart does the free thing like they did for the 822! I took their ad back to Best Buy and ended up getting my 822 for free.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Its official. I called my local Verizon, they said they will have them in stock Thursday morning. I'll be waiting at the door when they open up at 9am. PS: If anybody wants an 8x I'll be posting a WTS thread in a moment!

daknarr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow! Sorry to hear that about your Trophy. My Trophy is in A++ condition, and spot on as fast is it has always been despite being laden with apps. I am really looking forward to the 928 and finally LTE speeds. The Verizon rep with whom I spoke today knew nothing about the Lumina, so I'm hoping the Nokia announced 16th holds.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting until the 31st to get mine. (Bonus check and I want to buy outright to keep my unlimited data)

Maybe I'll get really lucky and there'll be a smoking deal on Amazon by then.

_catcrap

May 15, 2013
Visit site
After reading about the 920, 928, and 925 I am ready for big red's 928 (black) to be released. I'm currently an iPhone 4s user who have used Samsung GS1 device (Continuum), Blackberry Curve and Windows Palm Treo 700w. I am excited about the 928 and WP8. I really think Nokia did a good job with 920 and I think it was a good move for them to make different iterations for other carriers, to see how they are going to tweak/map their next gen devices. I'm glad to see Nokia back on the map again making progress.

a104u2nv

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I went into the local Verizon store this morning and they had 5 whites in the back that just got delivered, however I was not able to talk the guy into getting me in one today due to I need an early upgrade. So I call into CS and now have one otw and it will be here Friday. Looking forward to retiring my old droid x2.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone super excited to grab a 928 but is coming up a little short on cash? Lol ( raises hand )

Nope. Had a 401k that rolled into an IRA because my company was purchased, and I'd only worked there for a short time before the sale, so there was only a grand in it. Went to a PNC branch and had them cut me a check for it. I'd been meaning to move it out of there anyway. :wink:

riquejohnson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to get my 928 from the Microsoft store. One is being held for me, so I'll be there 10am tomorrow. The Microsoft store where I am has a deal going on. If you trade a cell phone when you purchase the 928, they apply the amount your phone is worth to the new phone purchase. I'm gettting sixty-something for my Trophy...plus a fifty dollar trade in bonus. If the Microsoft store goes with the pricing of Verizon, that means I'll have at least $110 toward the $150 phone (two year contract). I do have a $50 Microsoft store gift card too.

JamesForKing

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That's wicked. Verizon tried to get my brand new Nexus (refurb) for $20 trade in value. Yeah right. 200 on ebay.

Our local Verizon and Best Buy won't have it in stock tomorrow. Have to drive a half hour...it'll be worth it!

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
That's wicked. Verizon tried to get my brand new Nexus (refurb) for $20 trade in value. Yeah right. 200 on ebay.

Our local Verizon and Best Buy won't have it in stock tomorrow. Have to drive a half hour...it'll be worth it!

haha, i have to drive 30 min to get anywhere... Gotta love livin in the sticks :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)