Nokia Lumia 928 : User Reviews

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I got my 928 in white yesterday and so far I like it. I had the 8X before this and although i much prefer its design to that of the 928, the 928 seems to be a great phone so far. Battery life is better than my 8X was and I'm enjoying the 32gb of storage, even though my "other" folder is already at 2 gigs after one day of use...

Check under settings at the bottom. Should be an option called, "Storage check". Once inside the app, swipe left and clear, OTHER storage. Should fix that issue for ya.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone had a "you're holding it wrong" moment with this phone?
I spent some time at the Microsoft Store yesterday checking out the 928. Really like the form factor/shape. The screen -although the same size as the 920, seems smaller as it's lowered on the face, too much wasted black space at the top due to the huge Verizon checkmark. Anyway, several times while trying the camera, or other features, I kept accidentally touching the bottom right corner of the phone, the search button, loosing my camera shot while Bing pops up. I know, I'm holding it wrong. But it happened over and over, very frustrating. Any way that search button can be disabled while in camera mode?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Pick mine up at 8 am great device awesome photos! Much quicker than my 822.

I've noticed on my 822, if I close an app and try scrolling immediately, wherever I placed my finger to scroll, opens that app. Has anyone noticed this with the 928? I usually have to wait a sec before I begin scrolling.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'll be honest, I'm getting discouraged by the apps and browser performance. The notifications are also not that great and I miss being able to send texts without leaving whatever app I was using on my iPhone (jailbreak, BiteSMS).

Then metro is not for you

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'll be honest, I'm getting discouraged by the apps and browser performance. The notifications are also not that great and I miss being able to send texts without leaving whatever app I was using on my iPhone (jailbreak, BiteSMS).
Hold the arrow down & go back to your app.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Stuff i *don't* like

I really really really like my 928. I also like WP8. But there are a few items I could do without. Actually, mostly app things.

Buttons - I am always hitting the power button when I want to change volume. Did you know if you do that in the middle of a call, you're out of luck? They are close together, similar in size and I think the power should be at the top, volume further down. In other words reverse the positions.

Camera - works great, kinda buggy. Twice now I've had the screen go green and the only way to recover it is to turn the phone off. Seriously. Fix that. I've only used the camera a couple times. The failure rate is much too high.

Nav. Nokia Drive is OK, but the routing is waaaaaaay stupid sometimes. I ended up downloading Navigon today. Hopefully that will be better. It seems to be the best one I've found so far and ought to be the same on WP, right?

No rotation lock. Seriously? Still no lock? That's kinda basic, no?

Notifications. Not as big a deal as the rotation lock. I don't think the 928 actually has an LED, does it?

Needs more apps. Good math apps are there but spares on the ground. Not much in the way of drawing (mostly for the W8 tab).

Voice recognition drives me nuts. Some days it knows what I'm saying and even punctuates it correctly. Some days it acts brain damaged. I don't know if Indigo uses the same speech recognition engine, but it does the little animation the same way while it's thinking, and it gets confused the same way. BTW, Indigo usually works really really well. Try it.

Otherwise, this is truly a nice phone. Built like a bank vault, runs smooth and quick. Transitions are clean and attractively done - very elegant. I didn't think I'd be a fan of the metro style home screen but it works well. I also have a W8 tablet, but I don't like it nearly as much as I like W8 on the phone. On the tab it's seriously schizophrenic. If you want to do anything much beyond launch a tiled app you drop back into a Win7 style screen. Cut me a break. One UI or the other, guys. But that doesn't apply to the phone, sorry :) Screen is awesome, sound is awesome. Nice piece of hardware, guys!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stuff i *don't* like

Buttons - I am always hitting the power button when I want to change volume. Did you know if you do that in the middle of a call, you're out of luck? They are close together, similar in size and I think the power should be at the top, volume further down. In other words reverse the positions.

This is purely my guess. The power button is in the middle because as you hold the phone, your fingers are right where they need to be to either activate the sleep mode or wake the phone up.

lancepr

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded from my 822 today. The move went pretty smooth, I had to generate a new password to be able to log into the new phone. Screen is very nice, typical Nokia hardware quality. Went to windowsphone.com and was able to push all my apps back to new phone, also all of my messaging was restored. Very smooth transition, will be at Disney next week so I put the camera to the test.

I work outdoors most of time and this screen is way better in the direct sunlight than my 822.
Battery seems to charge slower on my wireless charger than the 822.

Last edited:

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Came from a Trophy and my biggest concern was the size of it. It is MUCH bigger than the Trophy. I can gladly say I am starting to get used to it. In fact, I think in those rare occassions where I am actually holding it up to my head to use as a phone, it actually feels better than the smaller Trophy. It does take up more space in my pockets for sure, but it has a dimension that helps me take notice of it. Whereas with the Trophy, there were times, when I didn't even know I had the phone with me.

From a technical standpoint, IT IS LIGHT YEARS ABOVE AND BEYOND THE TROPHY!!!! I woud NEVER go back!!! LOVE THIS PHONE!

devspeed

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I too came from a Trophy. The Bluetooth on the 928 is 200% better. And the screen is the best I have ever used. For some reason I seem to be making more mistakes on the keyboard though.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I waited anxiously for the 928 to come out and I have not been disappointed. The phone looks great in black and feels perfect in hand. I had been concerned with getting used to the button layout but I like having them all on one side. The fact that the power button is recessed more than the other buttons makes accidental presses unlikely. The camera has been equal and in many cases better than my wife's iPhone 5. Battery life has been good so far easily getting me through the day. The speaker doesn't sound as good as I expected but it is a phone!

Coming from my trophy what surprised me is how everything just works! Problems that I had with notifications or apps such as words with friends are all resolved. This is easily the best phone I have ever owned!

jana8899

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Stuff i *don't* like

Hi,
Note: first time use of HERE drive (aka Nokia Drive), the default routing is with toll roads turned off. If you are getting weird routing, make sure your toll roads are turned on.
jana at Nokia

I really really really like my 928. I also like WP8. But there are a few items I could do without. Actually, mostly app things.

Camera - works great, kinda buggy. Twice now I've had the screen go green and the only way to recover it is to turn the phone off. Seriously. Fix that. I've only used the camera a couple times. The failure rate is much too high.

Nav. Nokia Drive is OK, but the routing is waaaaaaay stupid sometimes. I ended up downloading Navigon today. Hopefully that will be better. It seems to be the best one I've found so far and ought to be the same on WP, right?

No rotation lock. Seriously? Still no lock? That's kinda basic, no?

Notifications. Not as big a deal as the rotation lock. I don't think the 928 actually has an LED, does it?

Needs more apps. Good math apps are there but spares on the ground. Not much in the way of drawing (mostly for the W8 tab).

Voice recognition drives me nuts. Some days it knows what I'm saying and even punctuates it correctly. Some days it acts brain damaged. I don't know if Indigo uses the same speech recognition engine, but it does the little animation the same way while it's thinking, and it gets confused the same way. BTW, Indigo usually works really really well. Try it.

Otherwise, this is truly a nice phone. Built like a bank vault, runs smooth and quick. Transitions are clean and attractively done - very elegant. I didn't think I'd be a fan of the metro style home screen but it works well. I also have a W8 tablet, but I don't like it nearly as much as I like W8 on the phone. On the tab it's seriously schizophrenic. If you want to do anything much beyond launch a tiled app you drop back into a Win7 style screen. Cut me a break. One UI or the other, guys. But that doesn't apply to the phone, sorry :) Screen is awesome, sound is awesome. Nice piece of hardware, guys!

sunnybyday

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to do anything. Apps like Skype (and few others) cannot be disabled and are always running in background and will launch itself whenever you get message/calls on skype. Hope it helps

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
So I came from a Trophy and one of my main concerns was the size of te 928. It's BIG compared to the Trophy. Was a bit of an adjustment to be sure. So I've had it since release day now and I can honestly say that I am getting used to the size. For anyone who is hesitant, give it a try. I think you will be pleased how quickly you will adjust to it. I was using it just today to do some FB and realized...It fits just fine now.
You will adjust.

inertiaNokia

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone ! I'm currently on my Lumia 822. I really like the device, but the 928 feels like the phone I've always wanted. I am considering upgrading, but I am skeptical about the "yellow lights" and the larger size of the phone. I do have smaller hands, and the sharp corners seem to be a turn off. I am a heavy camera user, and the 928 seems to have one of the best cameras around. Is it worth upgrading from the 822? Any feedback would be appreciated. :p

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone ! I'm currently on my Lumia 822. I really like the device, but the 928 feels like the phone I've always wanted. I am considering upgrading, but I am skeptical about the "yellow lights" and the larger size of the phone. I do have smaller hands, and the sharp corners seem to be a turn off. I am a heavy camera user, and the 928 seems to have one of the best cameras around. Is it worth upgrading from the 822? Any feedback would be appreciated. :p
Ultimately, only you can decide for yourself. That being said, I think you would love the camera on the 928. As I said in the post above, I too was concerned about the size, but I have adjusted and grown used to it now.

exsanguine

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I won't be getting the 928 as I am on the 900 with ATT until i can upgrade to the EOS -- whatever that will be called.

Anyways I did manage to convince my neighbor to purchase the 928 as his upgrade this past week. He is coming from an older crackberry. Luckily he was completely new to WP and I got to show him how things work which entailed me using the phone and showing him all the finer points of the hardware and software and how they work beautifully together.

My first impressions, especially as a 900 user:
1: The screen sensitivity. Wow. I cannot wait to upgrade to the next Lumia. the screen is butter smooth and quick to respond, much moreso than my 900/.
2: Once I figured out where certain wp7.8 things are in WP8 it was a pleasure to use the new camera apps, gadgets and the awesome camera.
3: the weight, balance and size are perfect. Not gargantuan like the "don't break me bro" samsungs and it doesn't feel like it will break in your hand if you squeeze it hard.
4: I still cannot understand the App whiners. Sorry, there are plenty. Someone tell me again why you need instagram when you have all the posting /pic apps and manipulation functions built into the phone and supplied by Nokia already?

Anyways, I love the phone and so does my newest Lumia convert neighbor.

Ex

Mainer82

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have used many different cell phones including Android phones and iOS devices but I have to say that my favorite by far is the Windows Phone platform. I love the extensive customizations I have on this platform and the ability to have all of my most used items (Office, SkyDrive, Hotmail inbox/calendar, Xbox) on one device is very helpful. I know that this isn't a full review of this handset, but I have to say that the quality so far is excellent.

The only complaint I have is that I wish it had the option to have a screen flap on it, similar to the Galaxy S4's accessory.

310056_10151432596558176_590458282_n.jpg

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I guess I am the odd ball out.
I was upgrading from my Trophy and received the 928, yes it's a great "device" and probably has the best camera also, yet for me, using it as a phone, I just could not get use to the size, IMHO it does not handle well,especially for left hand phone users with the power button on the right side. I sent it back to Verizon and went with the HTC 8X which our now free, ok, before I get flamed, I know about the battery life, and the screen cannot compare to the 928, yet IMHO I feel the phone handles great, not to big, not to small, and I just got the Body glove case for it.
I know the trend is for larger phones, I.e Samsung galaxy, yet for what I wanted a light good handling easily pocketable phone the HTC 8X fit the bill for me and the price was right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium