Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
  1.    #1  
    If you get hands on to one, share it here!

If you have seen anyone else do it online and want opinions from the community - share it here!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.

White 928 in my grasp! Beautiful and feels great in the hand. Not slippery at all. LOL was expecting it to be significantly heavier than my trophy.
    Thanked by:
    tissotti, stmav and Muessig like this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Just got mine. First windows phone since my HTC tilt. What an awesome. They only had white but I put a black case on it. Camera is incredible and the phone is really fast. Better response than my iPhone 5 and Droid.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Let's see some pics of those bad boys. You know you want to show it off!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    Let's see some pics of those bad boys. You know you want to show it off!
    How do you take a pic of your own phone? Don't you need a mirror? ;-)
    stmav likes this.
    I'm sitting in a Microsoft Store, waiting for my backup to restore so I don't burn through my data. It's already over 1.4 GB through their WiFi. It's sitting on the JBL Play Up speaker next to me (sucking up juice and playing music - battery at 17%), and man for the size that thing really sounds good. If I hadn't just bought a different BT speaker, I'd pick this thing up over at ATT where it's on sale for $150.

The phone is beautiful. They don't have cases or screen protectors, so I'll have to stop at a VZW store for that. I want a case that will protect while showing off the phone, but for the moment, with limited selection, I'll pick up what they have to keep from messing it up. It feels good in the hand, but I like something a bit thicker. I'll get the slimmest case I can find that offers protection to see if I can get used to this, though, because it's just beautiful.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Thanked by:
    Guilherme Silveira likes this.
    I tried to take a pic of it with my 822, but somehow the 822 won't save pictures now. I wonder if by design for some reason it won't save pics without a SIM?
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    I'm not too concerned about the case right now, but I am very concerned about the screen. Anyone know if the Zagg line of screen protectors for the 920 will work with the 928 until they come out with them?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jleebiker View Post
    How do you take a pic of your own phone? Don't you need a mirror? ;-)
    I didn't say it would be easy!
    jleebiker likes this.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Ended up with a white one. No stores in the Houston area seem to have any in black. Hmmmm
    Got a white one this morning. Wanted black, but couldn't resist. It's amazing. First smartphone, and I am finally glad to be rid of my Kin.

Guy at my store said he had no clue about the Lumia 928 until a Verizon rep came like two days ago to talk about it. Even then, he didn't know the launch date was today; he thought it was being released next month. He did say that even though he doesn't use WP8 very much, he loved the 928 and might get one for himself. I could tell he and another employee were impressed with it.

Just finished manually inputting contacts. Will fiddle around more and get used to WP8. I also forgot to ask about it in-store, but does anyone know how to redeem the $25 MS store voucher?

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Got the white one, the guy that waited on me said he never heard of the 928, but did say as we were talking he thought the surface was sick...so at least some favor is turning to windows...Gotta say I love the screen on the 928, will be putting it through its paces later!

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    I'm sitting in a Microsoft Store, waiting for my backup to restore so I don't burn through my data. It's already over 1.4 GB through their WiFi. It's sitting on the JBL Play Up speaker next to me (sucking up juice and playing music - battery at 17%), and man for the size that thing really sounds good. If I hadn't just bought a different BT speaker, I'd pick this thing up over at ATT where it's on sale for $150.

The phone is beautiful. They don't have cases or screen protectors, so I'll have to stop at a VZW store for that. I want a case that will protect while showing off the phone, but for the moment, with limited selection, I'll pick up what they have to keep from messing it up. It feels good in the hand, but I like something a bit thicker. I'll get the slimmest case I can find that offers protection to see if I can get used to this, though, because it's just beautiful.
    Great. So your dream has finally come true:).. enjoy your new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by baaahthesheep View Post
    Got a white one this morning. Wanted black, but couldn't resist. It's amazing. First smartphone, and I am finally glad to be rid of my Kin.

Guy at my store said he had no clue about the Lumia 928 until a Verizon rep came like two days ago to talk about it. Even then, he didn't know the launch date was today; he thought it was being released next month. He did say that even though he doesn't use WP8 very much, he loved the 928 and might get one for himself. I could tell he and another employee were impressed with it.

Just finished manually inputting contacts. Will fiddle around more and get used to WP8. I also forgot to ask about it in-store, but does anyone know how to redeem the $25 MS store voucher?
    Go to the following website and fill out the form. let me know if its accepting your IMEI it wont recognize mine. http://wp.promo.eprize.com/app/

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I got it early this morning (white) and I'm loving it. Leaps and bounds better than my Trophy! The guy was actually shocked that I had been holding out this long.

One quick question though: Do the bottom lights have a yellowish tint for anyone else? It's not much of a big deal, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Global Posts
    3,334 Global Posts
    Pick mine up at 8 am great device awesome photos! Much quicker than my 822.

Any word on if Verizon is letting people do the device payment plans for this phone?

I'm envious of all you that got a phone today. Woke up this morning to order the black and do the pick up in store option, only to discover that the black is online only evidently. Ordered it but only says shipping by 5/20, so I guess I wait till next week now.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, LG G2, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, IPad Air, Archos 101, Archos 70

Yup they are picked mine up this morning using the Payment Plan. Dont want to upgrade my line because I aint giving up my unlimited data.
    Thanked by:
    jleebiker likes this.

There's a pick up in store option???? I had no idea. I am going to the Verizon store in a few hours after work. Hopefully they'll still have one. (They only got a 'few')

Picked up my white 928 at first felt kind of slippery now feels pretty good in one hand

Quote Originally Posted by elpedrogrande View Post
    There's a pick up in store option???? I had no idea. I am going to the Verizon store in a few hours after work. Hopefully they'll still have one. (They only got a 'few')
    Apparently, the pick up in store option is not available If it is available in your area it will show up on the order screen.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, LG G2, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, IPad Air, Archos 101, Archos 70
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Verizon data plans are pretty expensive...also, can you guys verify if the 928 can do group texting? I keep hearing this is the case for windows phones on verizon but find that hard to believe...Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by explosive012 View Post
    Ended up with a white one. No stores in the Houston area seem to have any in black. Hmmmm
    +1. H-town only has white. after 30 minutes with my white 928 i can tell i am going to get very little work down this afternoon. loving this phone. so far so great.

Quote Originally Posted by driftzorz View Post
    Yup they are picked mine up this morning using the Payment Plan. Dont want to upgrade my line because I aint giving up my unlimited data.
    how much did you have to put down? Are there any requirements to do this?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast