Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Review devices have arrived and first impressions and more pictures are popping up this morning.

BGR - Nokia Lumia 928 Hands-On Photos - Business Insider

Verge - Lumia 928: first impressions of Verizon's Nokia flagship (hands-on) | The Verge

Nokiablog - Nokia Lumia 928 Unboxing (Photos)
    Thanked by:
    whoa, this looks awful compared to the official renders..doesn't look very ergonomic either.

mg_0720.jpg

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Something is wrong with that photo. I've seen plenty of real pics. They don't look like that.
    Tjarren likes this.
    That looks like someone cut it out of a magazine ad.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    something really wrong with that photo... where on earth did you find it?! so i can avoid that website because they obviously dont know how to take a photo so how in the heck are they going to have an opinion worth reading about a cameraphone?

EDIT: nm - i know who that is... TheNokiaBlog - Mark Guim...
    He should know better than that... long time blogger about Nokia et al.

EDIT 2 :)
    Apparently its a pamphlet (brochure) :)
    http://thenokiablog.com/2013/05/13/n...928-unboxing/#
    It's in the third link OP posted. might be a magazine. And yeah I was being sarcastic.

Global Posts
    2,867 Global Posts
    To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the design. I saw in one thread someone said "that's a beautiful phone." Really?? The 928 is not an impressive looking phone, compared to all the other phones in the Verizon store. It has some good specs and features, but I don't see how anyone could call it a beautiful phone. If Nokia really wanted to attract buyers, they should have created a phone that is unique, like HTC designed the 8X or the Galaxy line. Yeah, beautiful is in the eye of the beholder, but compared to the Samsung androids and the Iphone 5, I just don't see the beauty. And they should have come out with some colors on the first day. You can buy an iphone in black and white!

I do agree there should have been more colors, but I think the phone looks really nice in white. I would have liked them to use black keys just to give it a little more contrast since the screen makes the phone black on one side and white on the other i think black keys would have really played the two tone aspect up and given it a bit more pop.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waym1962 View Post
    I do agree there should have been more colors, but I think the phone looks really nice in white. I would have liked them to use black keys just to give it a little more contrast since the screen makes the phone black on one side and white on the other i think black keys would have really played the two tone aspect up and given it a bit more pop.
    i too like the two tone look, but if they made the buttons black, then what would they do when they did bring out those colors?
    I am ok with same color buttons...brings a differentiation to it from the 920 (which does have the dark buttons)

Global Posts
    3,030 Global Posts
    Its bloody gorgeous, more in line with the WP design language of clean lines, I wish my 920 looked like that. Reminds me of the Asus WP7 dev phone that was never released.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    That's a cardboard cutout ad that came in the box.

Reading through some early reviews and the poster above. The one complaint I keep seeing is that the phone is still thick. I did some comparisons with other phones on the market and just don't understand how it is that much thicker than other phones. We are talking about less than 1/10th of an inch in thickness, except the IPhone and virtually the same thickness as the 8x. @gapost if Nokia made their phones to look like the 8x or the Galaxy series than it wouldn't be unique. It would be like all the rest of the phones.

Lumia 928 - 5.23" x 2.71" x .40"
    HTC 8x - 5.21" x 2.61" x .40"
    IPhone5 - 4.87" x 2.31" x .30"
    S4 - 5.38" x 2.74" x .31"
    S3 - 5.38" x 2.78" x .34
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, LG G2, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, IPad Air, Archos 101, Archos 70

Global Posts
    997 Global Posts
    I'd rather have a so-so looking device that works great than a great-looking device that has mediocre performance. IMO, most Samsung products fit in the latter category.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Has anyone that's used it commented if the group texting exists in this phone or if Verizon removed it?

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slick5150 View Post
    Has anyone that's used it commented if the group texting exists in this phone or if Verizon removed it?
    pleeeeease report on THIS

Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the design. I saw in one thread someone said "that's a beautiful phone." Really?? The 928 is not an impressive looking phone, compared to all the other phones in the Verizon store. It has some good specs and features, but I don't see how anyone could call it a beautiful phone. If Nokia really wanted to attract buyers, they should have created a phone that is unique, like HTC designed the 8X or the Galaxy line. Yeah, beautiful is in the eye of the beholder, but compared to the Samsung androids and the Iphone 5, I just don't see the beauty. And they should have come out with some colors on the first day. You can buy an iphone in black and white!
    I give it to 8X One and I5, but galaxy is beautiful, seriously?
    SanjitVignesh likes this.
    Hahaha galaxy? This guy is blind!
    Everyone has an opinion bur this has to be a joke lmao
    SanjitVignesh likes this.

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    Whats up with Nokia using stone age concept of placing the mini usb port on top? It not only looks UGLY, you can't connect a dock connector. if you are connecting it with a wired charging you have to place it inverted in order to see.

1) Mini USB on bottom and
    2) 3.5MM Audio on top

Should be the standard every smartphone manufacturer should follow
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64

928 has wireless charging. I only use uUSB on the few occasions I want to sync up with my laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    Whats up with Nokia using stone age concept of placing the mini usb port on top? It not only looks UGLY, you can't connect a dock connector. if you are connecting it with a wired charging you have to place it inverted in order to see.

1) Mini USB on bottom and
    2) 3.5MM Audio on top

Should be the standard every smartphone manufacturer should follow
    I don't even care if the 3.5 is on the bottom but the usb should ALWAYS be on the bottom! There is absolutely no good for it being on the top!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I don't even care if the 3.5 is on the bottom but the usb should ALWAYS be on the bottom! There is absolutely no good for it being on the top!
    That is one big reason I still love my Lumia 920.
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I think it was a design choice because if you think about it, you get to use the phone a bit more freely with it on the top. You can hold the bottom while using the phone and do not have to maneuver around the cord. I'm picturing it and it makes sense in my mind...LOL.

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Having headphone and charging port on the same side is awesome! Apple did it with the iPhone 5. Glad nokias following suit.
    Great for when your in youre car.
    hopmedic and madisonjar like this.
    I prefer both on the same end, but the argument for docks, I would guess that they would counter with the suggestion of wireless charging and BT streaming, so there is no need for a dock.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    I prefer both on the same end, but the argument for docks, I would guess that they would counter with the suggestion of wireless charging and BT streaming, so there is no need for a dock.
    This 100%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast